PDA

View Full Version : Avoidance to high is that possible?

Igshealiden
02-16-2009, 03:34 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&n=Igshealiden)

granted i will admit that i am not the best tank on the server and after a while i started getting alot more stamina then i did avoidance. So i was (dodge/parry/block) 16/14/12 and it scared the crap outa me when my healer said it aint going to work. So i went off and upgraded a few pieces so get me up to about 18/16/14. Now after that post i got rid of my pure stamina gear and put in stuff with alot more avoidance and defense rating as seen by my link. Yet rencently im only getting up to 32k buffed (druid/priest) if i go sanctuary. Now i got better avoidance stats then the best pally tank on our server (by that used WOW-Heroes.com) yet am i over doing my avoidance or dont i have enough.

Also by tmw i plan to get my t7 chest tmw when i get my last 9 badges

*if you have anything that i can use to upgrade myself apart from the essence of gossomer that doesnt require raiding

*if any gem suggestions that would be nice

*If i should replace a couple of my gems with stamina plz advise

Zoicks
02-16-2009, 03:56 AM
Avoidance too high? Hardly. My warriors are 23/16/23 on a bad day and I'm a whopping 29k hp buffed(31k) Raid buffed and I get repeated comments with pugs about how "easy of a heal" I am. I will say though that it doesn't mean you should stack 30/10/19 or something. Try and find a happy medium due to LK's new "diminishing returns". I was looking at my previous WWS' runs through naxx and when I had 25/17/29 raid buffed. My WWS showed me at 24/17/26.5. But with me going as 25/18/25, WWS nearly returned the exact numbers my char sheet shows.

Zeruel
02-16-2009, 03:56 AM
As i have seen, you used Parry + HP Stones. Dont use Stones with Parry on them, the effect is too small. Use something else than parry, maybe Expertise or Defence / Evade.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. Thanks! ;)

Igshealiden
02-16-2009, 03:58 AM
As i have seen, you used Parry + HP Stones. Dont use Stones with Parry on them, the effect is too small. Use something else than parry, maybe Expertise or Defence / Evade.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. Thanks! ;)

the only real reason that i use the stamina/parry stone is mainly to give me that lil boost i want and to give me the socket bonus but is my avoidance to high cause i feel squishy when i go against bosses now

Zoicks
02-16-2009, 04:04 AM
For starters you should definitely hit up a few of the easier heroics that drop nice tank gear. Heroic UK's first boss has a tank sword for you until you can handle UP's fun games. Your cloak is a nice one. But personally for you right now especially I would go with the Heroic UK drop as well. It has a nice defense rating on it and +16 defense rating enchant along with block rating, which is lovely for a paladin. By doing this, you could drop the multiple yellow gems that you shouldnt have to use.

As far as you feeling squishy on bosses...Rethink your JC trinket. SO...Heroic VH has a pretty little trinket that drops off the corehound boss. OR for 40 emblems of heroism the dodge rating trinket is phenomenal.

I of course meant Heroic UP, for the epic sword that will last you until a 25man one drops.

Between the two trinkets, I avoid more than 60% of some boss fights, I've done numerous fights with afk healers and face pulls all because I can "proc" my trinkets and such and survive.

Igshealiden
02-16-2009, 04:07 AM
the tanking sword i can understand but however i can already handle up no problem and im not familier with the +16 defense rating nor have i seen a defense cloak from heroic uk

Zeruel
02-16-2009, 04:10 AM
the only real reason that i use the stamina/parry stone is mainly to give me that lil boost i want and to give me the socket bonus but is my avoidance to high cause i feel squishy when i go against bosses now

I don't think there is something like "too high avoidance" currently, the thing might be "too high diminishing returns" on a specific stat. On your current equip level, i don't think you even nearly hit that point.

Maybe the Priest you mentioned was looking on your defence, you maybe put in another 46 rating points there and got over 540 defence (545 currently). For warriors, after 540 Def you stack Stamina, don't know if it's the same with pally tanks, but i think so.

manatank
02-16-2009, 10:24 AM
"Now i got better avoidance stats then the best pally tank on our server (by that used WOW-Heroes.com) yet am i over doing my avoidance or dont i have enough."

Yikes, not any progressed pallies on your server?

I have 22/21/17 and over 30k unbuffed hp (with raid buffs I sit at around 38k hp). This isn't epeen stroking. It is just to give you an ideal of what is available in the current content. If your server doesn't have any paladin tanks you can look to, then just take a peek at a few other servers.

Now there is nothing particularly wrong with your stats, because they will naturally increase as you pick up new gear. Just make sure you have 540 def, and then go nuts on stam until you pick up more gear. If your raid is still having trouble then the problem may lie with the healers. You aren't ever going to be invincible. Just sturdy.

rmd83
02-17-2009, 12:19 PM
i'm at 24.50/19.15/13.75 or so, granted i could get up to 18 or 19% block with the replacement of a few pieces of gear i could easily get and i have 28.4k hp unbuffed :)