PDA

View Full Version : Frost DK Tank(gems,threat,gear)

italnstallion01
02-15-2009, 05:56 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Underbog&n=R%C3%A8llik)

Hey that is my link, im in 25man naxx right now and i am having trouble keeping threat in some cases. Also i am saving up for my marks and im unsure of what to get, and idk if my gear is gemmed correctly i have 53 avoidance sitting,55 HoW and 67 in combat.

thanks,

rellik

Genkk
02-15-2009, 06:27 PM
I had the same problem a few weeks back with similar gear and spec. To get more threat, you need more DPS. Try this spec:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Norgannon&n=Genkk)

Rotataion: IT, BS, BS, OB, OB. FS or RS for RP dump.

italnstallion01
02-15-2009, 06:58 PM
hmm alright i just put a +8 exper/+12stam in my gloves.

Typhus
02-15-2009, 07:03 PM
What type of glyphs are you using atm?? i have roughly the same build as you with just a tad better gear and usualy pulling about 5k tps or more. Have no threat issues at all... Switched from blood tank couse i had threat issues, now its a struggle not to overaggro the MT or such.

Runes
02-15-2009, 07:33 PM
I had the same problem a few weeks back with similar gear and spec. To get more threat, you need more DPS. Try this spec:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Norgannon&n=Genkk)

Rotataion: IT, BS, BS, OB, OB. FS or RS for RP dump.

I I would replace OB with HB whenever cooldowns allow it. Also I would open IT, HB, PS, BS, BS. I know that this means that you don't have bladed armor right of the start but its really nothing the healers can't handle for a few seconds. After how many times is the average boss gonna hit you in 3 seconds.

italnstallion01
02-16-2009, 06:09 PM
true true. although i like to use HB just because in a raid i have a lot of AP which increased your hb by .15% i beleve i may be wrong. but for my weapon i just got the 2h axe of 10man kel.

italnstallion01
02-16-2009, 06:11 PM
What type of glyphs are you using atm?? i have roughly the same build as you with just a tad better gear and usualy pulling about 5k tps or more. Have no threat issues at all... Switched from blood tank couse i had threat issues, now its a struggle not to overaggro the MT or such.
im currently using:

Major
DnD
Unbreakable Armor
IBF

Minor
Pestilence
HoW

Addohm
02-16-2009, 09:01 PM
I I would replace OB with HB whenever cooldowns allow it. Also I would open IT, HB, PS, BS, BS. I know that this means that you don't have bladed armor right of the start but its really nothing the healers can't handle for a few seconds. After how many times is the average boss gonna hit you in 3 seconds.

Bladed Armor is a passive talent that increases your attack power by how much armor you have.

I believe you meant Blade Barrier.

hmm alright i just put a +8 exper/+12stam in my gloves.

Uhm, if your problem is threat, why aren't you enchanting for threat? Armsman is THE tanking enchant for a DK.

Finally, you are jumping from doing heroics, to tanking heroic naxx. One could safely assume you're tanking heroic naxx with heroic naxx geared DPS? If that is the case, you jumped too high. Also, you can easily remove you're 2/2 Chill of the Grave, and put them in Two-Handed Weapon Specialization. As a tank, you generally have more then enough RP without the RP adding talents.

Genkk
02-17-2009, 07:59 PM

I use DND, IT, Pest, HB for AOE pulls. I will use IT, HB for quick ranged threat on adds, etc. When AOEs warrant HB has priority.

But I get better single target TBS, DPS, and RP from OB. No 5s cooldown...