PDA

View Full Version : Unbalanced avoidance stats?

Porps
02-15-2009, 01:59 AM
Hello Tankspot users!

Porps here, long time reader - first time poster! :D

I'm a tank of a casual raiding guild on Trollbane EU called "State of Mind". We've recently started doing Naxx25 and are clearing it with relative ease every week.

I've started getting some gear, and i'm starting to see a tendency in my stats that i'm a bit worried about.

Armory Link

Is my dodge too high compared to my other stats? How is my HP?
ANY suggestions as to how to improve gear is welcome.

There's also another issue i'd like to discuss with you. The other day, while clearing trash in Naxx, another player called me a bad tank because he was getting hit and dying. Now, i do my best to grab whatever i can when we're doing trash, and try to taunt anything of the DPS if it goes AWOL.

This run i was tanking along side a paladin and a druid. I don't want to make excuses, but am i really to blame for the loose trash? It seems to me the druid and paladin have much better spells for grabbing large groups of mobs. This might seem like a tiny issue, but i take everything in relation to my skills very personal.

ANY feedback is welcome.
Thanks in advance
Porps

Anaz
02-15-2009, 05:21 AM
I think we're all in for a rude awakening when Ulduar hits. There's a lot of easy trash in Naxx and DPS feels all happy doing their aoe thing. I don't think this will be the case in the next raid instance. So my suggestion is to start training your dps all over again to focus fire dps on targets. I mark all targets, assign targets to our tanks and tell them that particular mob is their focus. If there's more targets than tanks I've told dps before, if you aggro something that isn't marked on the pull, odds are you deserve to die. Most of the time it's not an issue, sometimes we get some dps killed but they were in fact doing aoe and pulled.

You should still be thunderclapping and trying to shockwave all the mobs just to get a good threat lead on the start. If you happen to lose aggro to the druid or pally then so be it. But... honestly, maybe you shouldn't get so bent out of shape about someone calling your tanking into question unless you can absolutely say that it was their fault. It very well could have been yours if you didn't lay out ground rules for how it works. Best case scenario is to keep your dps informed of how you want the pulls to be done. Don't take it all personal, it's just a game not a job.