PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Patchwerk Question

Demm
02-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Now, Before our guild was large enough to do 25's on our own, I've pugged Naxx(25) and had less issues with patchwerk. Now that we're large enough and what i consider to not be undergeared, we're running ourselves. We've breazed through everything with minimal wipes but patch is really giving us a hard time. I don't know if i'm assigning healing wrong or what but the tanks are going down way too fast here. I'm a DK tank and it seems i can solo tank this guy for 4X the amount of time that my warrior or pally tanks with me can stay up. What i've been doing is putting a pally on the MT, our pally tank (ive made him MT for this fight as he's the least well geared), and a druid and pally on each of the offtanks, with a shaman tossing chain heals on the 3 tanks. DPS isn't an issue as we're well ahead of the enrage timer. But we haven't even gotten to the soft enrage here...Any suggestions would be helpful, and i'll keep checkin in to see if anyone had any questions that i didn't answer in this post. Also, our pallies are keeping beacons on the offtanks.

Lachesis
02-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Sounds like either you have bad healers, or your tanks aren't geared right for the fight. If your hateful tanks have effective health sets, that's what they need to wear. Try to get your tanks in a set of gear that gives them enough E. health to take two hatefuls back to back without heals.
Example, I always take hatefuls during that fight, and in my tanking gear I have about 43k hp raid buffed, and they hit for 18-20k a piece. My healers usually don't let me dip below 20k, but in the event that I do end up taking two hatefuls with no heals, I can survive, provided that a heal is incoming before the next blow lands.
If your tanks are dying on the pull, make sure they're all three stacked up together, and that patch is misdirected onto the main tank, with lifeblooms already rolling and heals being pre-cast.
Your healing setup sounds fine, it's more healing than we have during patchwerk. We usually just have a paladin on each tank and a druid rolling HoTs between the three, sometimes chain heals going as well.
Hope this helps!

Edit: if your main tank isn't as geared as the other tanks, make sure they're not overtaking your MT in threat and taking patch's normal melee- that can screw healers up beyond belief.
Good luck!

stabbytheicepic
02-16-2009, 12:31 AM
We used DK tanks when our gear was crappy to make the fight a joke, now that we are geared the fight isn't an issue. With all the damage mitigation dk's have, hatefuls are kinda silly.

I normally assign 2 healers to each off tank, now a druid and a warrior, and one holy paladin to the main tank, which is a paladin, since they pull the most threat.

sevve
02-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Druids on the offtanks is a bad idea. Also having your shama chain heal is a huge waste.
The tanks need large direct heals here, and the healers need to know they should be precasting(canceling heals if tank is topped off).

Scrilz
02-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Druids on the offtanks is a bad idea. Also having your shama chain heal is a huge waste.
The tanks need large direct heals here, and the healers need to know they should be precasting(canceling heals if tank is topped off).

Why is a druid a bad idea? I take the HS for my guild and I get about 80% of them due to me having more HP and avoidance than the other tanks. Druids make great OT for Patchwerk.

Forklift
02-17-2009, 02:13 AM
The tanks need large direct heals here, and the healers need to know they should be precasting(canceling heals if tank is topped off).This is exactly what I was going to post. Surprised nobody else mentioned--HOTs are mostly worthless; you will want fatty heals going the entire time.

Why is a druid a bad idea? I take the HS for my guild and I get about 80% of them due to me having more HP and avoidance than the other tanks. Druids make great OT for Patchwerk.He means tree druids ON the tanks, not bear druids BEING the tanks.

lemysterieux
02-17-2009, 04:05 AM
This is exactly what I was going to post. Surprised nobody else mentioned--HOTs are mostly worthless; you will want fatty heals going the entire time.

Not really, keeping HoTīs up on all 3 tanks makes a huge difference. Since healers do nothing but focusing on healing during this fight, i.e reju, 3 stacks of lifebloom and wildgrowth on at least the OT's ain't no impossible task. You'll get ticks for 2k's+ a sec with a decent geared druid and the possibility to use swiftmend/regrowth when needed. Hateful strike do appear 1 each second, but you also dodge,parry,block a lot of these. A druid's HOT's doesn't do the work itself of course, but is a great complement to a paladins fast heals etc.

Well, patchwerk is all about pre-casting and spamming heals on the OT basically. Shields and everything that reduces damage should be used at all times ( especially at the start of the fight ).
In 25 naxx we normally use 1-2 healers ( pala/priest/shammy ) on each OT and 1 healer on the MT incl. one resto druid on all three tanks and it is totally safe.

Krulhull
02-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Shields and everything that reduces damage should be used at all times ( especially at the start of the fight ).

If you have the option available, a good Disc priest can do wonders for the HS tank(s) as well.

Forklift
02-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Not really, keeping HoTīs up on all 3 tanks makes a huge difference.Not what we were discussing. Just re-read the original post that started this discussion about druids and hotting the OTs:

What i've been doing is putting a pally on the MT, our pally tank (ive made him MT for this fight as he's the least well geared), and a druid and pally on each of the offtanks, with a shaman tossing chain heals on the 3 tanks.

To which sevve said, absolutely correctly:

Halvdan
02-17-2009, 07:25 AM
what we usually do is having a druid having all hots on all 3 tanks and a pally or two on the ots with BoL on one of em and then spamming the other and last having a shaman or priest helping out

Demm
02-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Eh, i didn't get back to this thread fast enough, thank you guys for your responses, we acctually went back the next night and one shot him. And yah I'm a DK and I always offtank this fight, I rarely get hit by hatefuls and when I do I usually got a cooldown running at all times so it makes them pretty easy to heal me through, it was the warrior and pally tanks that were getting smashed the night before. We just rearranged the healing a little and it was easy..thanks you guys