PDA

View Full Version : Sartharion 10 +3D No Dk tank.

Joacimcans
02-13-2009, 04:15 PM
So my guild got around to putting in some attempts on sartharion 10 with 3 Drakes last night and well to put it mildly it was an absolute failure. Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/eqvgfkruhjdlc) Is the wws report from the night the first 2 listed are 25man with the sarth being a one shot 3D kill.

We do not have a DK currently that can tank Sarth. But that never seemed to be an issue because we never made it far enough into the fight for the MT to need to use CD's.

These tries are the only ones I have the WWS report for because the priest that was doing the parsing stepped out so we could try a different setup of healers.

Some of the things that that we tried after these listed attempts was to move to 3 healers, one of them being a shaman for Bloodlust, the Blood lust didn't seem to help even on the first attempts with the elemental shaman.

The dps seems adamante that it is not something they are doing even tho we are consistently getting 2 spawns of whelps with and without bloodlust on the first drake. Every strat i see says that a good judgement of your dps is wether or not you get a 2nd spawning of whelps.

As far as CD's as a warrior I would have Shield wall then i also could use Last Stand and a Mighty Fire Protection Potion - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40214) (worked on 25man when we were learning the fight so i imagine it would work for this one as well).

After my solo CD's i could use a holy paladin speccedDivine Guardian. A Priest CD either Guardian spirit or Pain supression, then if need the holy paladin could do Hand of sacrifice (kind of a last resort as i don't want him to die if something else happens to hit him).

So if anyone could maybe offer some suggestions that might help me out i would appreciate it.

Magnuss
02-13-2009, 09:05 PM
My guild just did this the other night without a DK tank, we used a druid instead. Now this druid was very specially geared for the fight in a fire resist/stamina set that made him resist roughly 30% of the breaths naturally. However, if your dps is solid then even this ridiculous setup isnt needed. The key thing is to make sure that after you have killed off the second drake, you get into the portal and kill the acolyte (vesperon's i believe) which is giving the twilight torment debuff. When this debuff is not up, your tank should not be 1shot by the breath.

Basically with a bit of luck you can get a scenario where the first breath sarth does when drake 3 lands is before his acolyte is up so no cooldown is needed. Then 1 cooldown is used by the tank on a breath to maximize dps on drake 2. Then the dps goes into the portal and kills the acolyte (just the 1), allowing for no cooldown needed for 1 or maybe even 2 breathes (again, complete luck here). Hopefully by this time your dps should be close to drake 2 dying, if not you just continue to go into portals and pop off the acolyte as he spawns to minimize raid damage and keep your tank up. The slower your dps is, the more cooldowns the tank is going to be forced to push through before its over.

This is definitely something that can be tanked by any class in the game, it just depends on your comp and the gearing of your raiders.

Rukrow
02-14-2009, 08:39 PM
we have done it

2 mages
1 spriest
2 holy paly
1 resto druid
1 prot war
1 prot paly
1 warlock
1 ele shaman

2 tanks 3 healers 6 dps. worked like a charm i tanked sarth as a prot warrior

Nightdemon
02-15-2009, 09:16 AM
2 tanks, 3 healers, 6 dps? Oo

11 manning a 10 man instance?! :P

lol ^^

Joacimcans
02-15-2009, 12:17 PM
we have done it

2 mages
1 spriest
2 holy paly
1 resto druid
1 prot war
1 prot paly
1 warlock
1 ele shaman

2 tanks 3 healers 6 dps. worked like a charm i tanked sarth as a prot warrior

I am kind of curious with only 2 tanks and all caster dps (read no plate wearing dps) what did each of the tanks tank. because i am not sure how it would be possible for the prot paladin to tank drakes blazes and whelps.