PDA

View Full Version : (Grim Toll) Nope, you can't have it.

veneretio
02-13-2009, 03:31 PM
So, a while back now this dropped:
Grim Toll - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40256)

We use DKP, but we have a priority system in place that amounts to Main spec > Offspec. Anyway... so Grim Toll drops and a good portion of our Melee DPS are interested as well as 1 DK that tanks.

The DK that tanks happens to have the most DKP.
...and I veto it and call it not Main spec.

I get that it's a threat piece... I'll probably pick up one myself, but I guess it's just always been an unwritten rule that with threat pieces you just didn't touch them until after the Melee got them since their primary job is to kill stuff.

Anyway... thoughts?

Skyborn
02-13-2009, 03:36 PM
I'd have made the same call.

Halandir
02-13-2009, 03:39 PM
dropped for us last night, we were running a 25man naxx with a "sister" ten man guild (unrelated, but we one shotted everything short of KT in our first night, which was cool)

loot system for the evening was one set peice and one non-set epic limit per person... Grim Tol drops, none of the dps were willing to spend their non-set epic roll on it, so I rolled with all the dps in a "main spec" open roll.

I won.

Ariedan
02-13-2009, 03:43 PM
I would have done the same thing. It's a wonderful trinket (I even have one myself), but you just don't take DPS items for threat when DPS need them, especially when DPS is the only competitive thing in this current content. That's like a non-tanking class taking a stamina trinket before a tank for arena.

Warwench
02-13-2009, 03:44 PM
yep Valid call.

What has made me lol is a DK taking a 2H weapon with lots of STR on it as an "off spec" weapon. Tanking DK. 2H weapons arent itemised for DK tanks, there is no off spec, same weapon for 2H DPS as 2H Tanking.... pretty much. It annoyed the Fury warrior to see a nice 2H weapon go to the DK and her not equip it... because it was for DPS, not Tanking.

Hengist
02-13-2009, 03:58 PM
I wondered the same thing. I would like Grim Toll myself, but I asked my fellow tanks about their opinion, our druid officer said he thinks that it is more useful in hands of dpser considering progress, and after a bit of further thought I had to agree. I am just going to grab it as main gear, but after all the dpsers will get it. Not going to let anyone have it for offspec before me for sure, even if they will have more priority from ep/gp. We have offspec gear going for half the price, and I always paid teh full price for my threat gear/block gear pieces, but indeed taking it before dpsers would be wrong and bad for the guild.

marklar
02-13-2009, 05:32 PM
our druid officer said he thinks that it is more useful in hands of dpser considering progress

i agree with this; the GUILD is better off with the trinket in the hands of your dps. if there were a fight where the tank's threat cap was holding back progression, it might be a different story.

ttocs
02-13-2009, 08:07 PM
yep Valid call.

What has made me lol is a DK taking a 2H weapon with lots of STR on it as an "off spec" weapon. Tanking DK. 2H weapons arent itemised for DK tanks, there is no off spec, same weapon for 2H DPS as 2H Tanking.... pretty much. It annoyed the Fury warrior to see a nice 2H weapon go to the DK and her not equip it... because it was for DPS, not Tanking.

Because should that DK tank have to DPS one fight, they would have a weapon that's enchanted to do DPS.

And yeah, some 2Hers are better itemized for tanking (Inevitable Defeat), and others are better itemized for pure DPS.

Jackripster
02-13-2009, 08:56 PM
We have a simple solution for these things, we use wow-loot so primary classes first then secondary and so on. If anyone wants to dispute wow-loot, they are welcome to do so and a judgment will be made ahead of time. We dont want these issue coming up when the item drops. We also use NiKarma, so raiders have to think about the items (ie if they will really use them)