PDA

View Full Version : Guild Leader Mods

lorelye
02-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi all,

Hoping for a little help on guild leader mods, so I'll link the ones I find most helpful, at the moment.

Headcount: tracks raid attendance.
HeadCount - Addons - Curse (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/head-count.aspx)

Grid: simple unitframes so you know who's alive, dead, or out of the room.
Grid - Addons - Curse (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/grid.aspx)

What I need now is an in-game DKP mod for my 10mans, which will not use the officer or member notes. Our officer notes are in use by our 25man EPGP system. I need a separate 10man loot system before Ulduar, and considering DKP for this function, if I can find an in-game mod to use. Pretty much any mod that can separate the two would be great.

Plus, I figured there was room for a thread on most-used mods for GL, unless I've missed it somewhere.

Thanks!
Lyelu @ Blue Moo

Porcini
02-15-2009, 04:56 PM
If you already use EPGP in your heroic raids, you could use those PR values to assign loot in 10 mans. Honestly though, if heroic raids are your focus, I would recommend Need/Greed in 10 mans. Typically in a 10 man raid there won't be as much competition for a specific item, and I'm not sure they really warrant using a loot system of any kind. Our guild runs EPGP in 25s, and /roll on our 10s - it seems to work well.

lorelye
02-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Hi,

Yes, we are also using /random in 10mans at the moment. I consider this a temporary solution because I despise /random. The specific reasons that I want a separate loot system are:

1. I do not wish to award points that may be used in Heroic raids, from attendance of the 10mans, because it would make some of my Core feel obligated to raid 7 nights/week. Thus it makes little sense to charge points acquired in Heroics.

2. Using the PR (priority) acquired in 25mans does not account for the fact that a few of our members have gone above & beyond. They will attend the 10mans just to test out new members, or get part-time or newer members some better gear. These are 4-5 members, who go beyond the call of duty. If they want one specific item out of a 10man, after attending these since November, they really should win.

Thus a system which accounts for 10man attendance is necessary. For example, how about my Core guy who never attended any 10man raid, ever, until we began 10man attempts on 3 drakes. If some very special item drops there, on /random he will rank with the guy who attended every single 10man raid since Nov.

It's simply not sufficient for my way of running things. :) And I believe the issue will only continue to grow when Ulduar is released, if Blizz uses the same heroic system, 10 + 25 raids.

I am looking for an in-game mod that will minimize record-keeping for me. Some look promising but haven't been updated in 4 months.