PDA

View Full Version : Patchwork 25m bug?

HeavyHitter
02-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Is it just me or were the Hatefuls increased by a large amount. We were taking 26k non crits back to back. We have a ticket open currently as it seems to be a bug or undocumented change.

Anyone else notice this?

EDIT: patchwerk sorry.

stabbytheicepic
02-16-2009, 12:33 AM
I haven't seen any changes this week.

warriortank21
03-07-2009, 01:46 PM
ya i did notice something but not only was he hitting the tanks ridiculously hard he was also randomly killing melee dps who had half health so after an hour of wipes i left but something was definitly not right about him this week

Gravy
03-07-2009, 01:57 PM
We were taking 26k non crits back to back.

That's how hard his hateful strikes hit on a weaker geared tank. It's not a bug.

he was also randomly killing melee dps who had half health

If you had a combat log from this, I would bet that a hateful tank died every time this happened. Unless you were using just one hateful tank for 25 man, at which point the blame rests on your healers. (If that tank is geared enough)

Akeber
03-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Second or third on aggro, whichever has the highest health at that moment, will take the hateful. The first on aggro will only become a hateful target when there is no one else in melee range.

The is no need for melee to "step in the goo" or remove fort to reduce their health. As long as the melee stay below all three tanks on threat, and none of the tanks die, the melee will never be touched.

It is possible to do this with only two tanks and the hateful tank is being spam healed, but you're playing russian roulette with the melee.