PDA

View Full Version : Immortal + Dedicated few

lemysterieux
02-13-2009, 02:45 AM
We went in to do a couple of "less than 21 achievements" yesterday and happened to do the Immortal one as well. Pretty nice work with less than 21 isn't it?! We had 5 healers,MT+2 "offspecgeared" tanks ( one fully buffed just above 30k hp haha ) and one dude who did Naxx-25 for the first time. Pretty much trivializes Naxxramas doesn't it? Have to add that it might be easier to do Immortal with less people in the raid, especially if your guild ends up with having like 2-3 "passengers" during each raid.

Screenshot :

http://home.broadpark.no/%7Emofla/wow/immortal.jpg

Thanks Tankspot for the best world of warcraft site ever !

kazis
02-13-2009, 03:01 AM
Oh my god, that's pretty sick! :D Gratz on the title :)

lemysterieux
02-13-2009, 03:27 AM
Oh my god, that's pretty sick! :D Gratz on the title :)

Ciderhelm
02-13-2009, 03:33 AM
That pretty much takes the cake. If you aren't the first, you're one of a very, very small group of guilds that have gotten both, while still needing both, in the same run.

Jorge
02-13-2009, 03:45 AM
Impressive. If it weren't for the druid last monday who decided to walk as slowly as possible behind the Sapphiron ice block, we would have had the title also. I know, would, could, should have, doesn't count at all.
Anyway, gratz to you. Well deserved.

lemysterieux
02-13-2009, 04:14 AM
Impressive. If it weren't for the druid last monday who decided to walk as slowly as possible behind the Sapphiron ice block, we would have had the title also. I know, would, could, should have, doesn't count at all.
Anyway, gratz to you. Well deserved.

Ah, really close one. Better luck next time mate ;).

The easy parts seems to be the stuff that normally might end an immortal run, i.e. someone lagging out on thaddius rather than the bulletproof stuff like hiding behing an iceblock or similar. Weve had people dying on Maexxna's cocoons, Overaggro on several occasions etc etc..stuff that normally never happen actually do occur when you set out for an undying,immortal etc run. We basically had the luck this time and very very talented and alert healers.

Ray
02-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Wow, Grats guys!!

Although, IMO, the fewer people you bring the better off you are for something like this. the only thing you lose really is one raid healer maybe and 4 DPSer which just makes the fights go a little slower. But the fewer you go with, the more fat you can trim. We found that without even trying, we almost got undying on a run just for dedicated few.

BTW, how hard was it to 5 heal? And you only took 1 main spec tank?? or did you take 2?

lemysterieux
02-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Wow, Grats guys!!

Although, IMO, the fewer people you bring the better off you are for something like this. the only thing you lose really is one raid healer maybe and 4 DPSer which just makes the fights go a little slower. But the fewer you go with, the more fat you can trim. We found that without even trying, we almost got undying on a run just for dedicated few.

BTW, how hard was it to 5 heal? And you only took 1 main spec tank?? or did you take 2?

It was no problem at all with 5 healers, think it is possible to do it with 4 healers without the need of exceptional skills. Not sure what the pro- guilds are using, but I can't see any use for more than 4-5 really. Horsemen might be an issue for some guilds on 4, but we nuke kortazz and rivendare fast as H**L and have even been using an healer as tank on the caster horsedudes/dudettes ( that can manage to keep up himself as well as the other tank ). Korthazz is down just in time for the 2nd-3rd meteor and its basically enough with 1 healer/horsetank that way without unnecessary tank-switches. Haven't tried it with four healers yet thou.
I myself was the only tank ( MT ) with mainspec, and the other two ( OT ) one DK and one prot warrior. Those 2 are normally unholy dps, fury dps and have gathered some stuff here and there. The warrior just barely had gear to survive patchwerks hurtful strikes.
Just to get an idea of the difference between our tanks during this night :

41k HP raidbuffed on the MT and the OTs ~35ks ( DK ) and the struggling prot warrior at just above 31ks including flask and food :D
Anyway, when we started out in Naxx we had like 25-26ks fully buffed so it's not that bad when I come to think about it, but at that point I believe we used 7-8 healers as well.
Avoidance feels a bit irrelevant with the current raidcontent, but I bet it wasnt top notch either hehe.

On a normal Naxx hc night we have a DK with approx 46k buffed and a pala at about the same as me and we all rotate the MT position somewhat to get some variation and to share the fun a bit.