PDA

View Full Version : Raid minimums

Persipnei
02-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi,

I'm GM of a small guild that is looking into recruiting for 25 man raids. Before we do this I want to setup some rules and guide lines.

I know that there's a big difference between performance and gear, but I still want to put a bar at the minimum gear required to be able to raid so that we don't get leechers.

Do you guys use a gear point website like wow-heroes ? Or do you base it on purples vs blues ?

Thanks for your time,
Persipnei

axeoffury
02-12-2009, 01:55 PM
full enchants on ever part of gear that can have one.
blues lvl 76+
shows up with food buffs and flask
also show up on time or says that they will be late
o yea and has the spec that they were recruted for

Halandir
02-12-2009, 02:02 PM
some simple reference points would be:

tanks: 22k armor 22k hp unbuffed, 540 def, etc.
dps: set a dps benchmark, and require them to meet it in a heroic

huggy77
02-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Raiders must have DBM/vent
Raiders must understand the concept of vent discipline
Raiders must be willing to comply with the AFK schedule (we have 5 minute akf breaks every hour or so)

we just use heroic level dps on boss and heals (dont look at gear as much)

Persipnei
02-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks for all the response but my question was only about gear.

I'm not the kind of GM that will just tell a member that he can't raid because (s)he as bad gear. I want to give them a goal to achieve. After that gear goal is achieved and the DPS is still not enough, then we can look at there performance (Talents, Rotations, ect...).

Morrigu
02-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Gear is only a fraction of the total (i.e. performance). The other responders have filled in some of the other parts. I would also add that reading up on strategies is highly recommended. Explaining each fight will not only burn the raid leader out, but the entire raid (not to mention the time loss).

An example of my earlier statement, we have a couple players in full or nearly full Naxx 25-man gear. We recently recruited another player of the same class. In his first visit (ever) to Naxx 25-man, he doubled or tripled the well-geared player's DPS.

Bogota
02-16-2009, 10:27 PM
This is what I ask of my guildies:

1. Do I have some epic emblem or heroic pieces?
2. Have I replaced my "green" gear with blues and purples where appropriate?
3. Is all my gear gemmed to the best I can afford?
4. Is all my gear enchanted to the best I can afford?
5. Do I have a "raiding" spec for my toon?
6. Do I have buff food and elixirs that will help my toon?
7. Have I read the strats and have a general idea of what is expected of me in the raid?

If you can answer yes to the above, we will have a solid base for 25 man raids.

traysurfer
02-17-2009, 02:51 PM
We used the "superior" achievement when we started 25man raiding. It's built in-game and easy to check.

We required 10 total in that achievement before you were invited. Which is very easy to get, but shows you put at least a little effort in.

Vodai
02-18-2009, 12:45 AM
We ended up doing timed dps tests, 1500 on a single target heroic dummy, self buffed, in 6 minutes. It did a good job of getting some of the slackers to pay more attention to gear, enchants, and L2P.

Persipnei
02-18-2009, 05:53 AM
Gear is only a fraction of the total (i.e. performance). The other responders have filled in some of the other parts. I would also add that reading up on strategies is highly recommended. Explaining each fight will not only burn the raid leader out, but the entire raid (not to mention the time loss).

An example of my earlier statement, we have a couple players in full or nearly full Naxx 25-man gear. We recently recruited another player of the same class. In his first visit (ever) to Naxx 25-man, he doubled or tripled the well-geared player's DPS.

I'm starting to see the same thing. Gear isn't as much of a factor as "l2p" is in WotLK. I regularly see some lower geared people out dpsing higher geared just because they are more focused and read about there class/spec.

We ended up doing timed dps tests, 1500 on a single target heroic dummy, self buffed, in 6 minutes. It did a good job of getting some of the slackers to pay more attention to gear, enchants, and L2P.

I will use this as a benchmark, thank you.

macfeagle
02-23-2009, 06:47 PM
A good indicator is good ilevel blues, with no empty sockets, and with at least some sort of enchant on each item. Extra points for crafted epics, badge gear, and so on. If you start to see ilevels in the 150's, or more than a piece or two of Burning Crusade stuff, the person could be expecting to be carried.

You can't really tell until you see them play. Heroic dps may or may not tell you anything, since so many of the pulls are aoe trash pulls, and bosses may involve movement, incapacitates, and so on. Someone who does 1750 dps in a heroic may do fully double that on Patchwerk. And someone in full epics may die on Thaddius *every time*.