PDA

View Full Version : Minimum Requirements for raids

Delerious
02-12-2009, 06:57 AM
Hi, I was talking with my gm last night and we got on to the topic of raids and I asked what the minmum requirements were. He told me that I would need lose to 30k health and around 25% dodge before I'm ready. This seems a little high to start 10 man Naxx and Obsidian Sanctum. So I just wanted the oppinions of some other tanks before I ask whether his demands are too high or not.

Thanks.

Bulk
02-12-2009, 09:10 AM
As far as I'm aware, there is almost no way to get to 30k hp with out having lots of naxx 10/25 man gear already, 30k hp is way more than you need for naxx 10 - I would think somewhere in the 24-26k hp area would be more realistic.

dyls
02-12-2009, 12:57 PM
What Bulk said.

I suspect you could *probably* do it, if you went nuts and just stacked stam - the same as if you went for dodge as high as 25%. But if you do that, every single other thing will suffer - you won't be a well rounded tank (that much dodge is probably more realistic than the HP, though).

If you're 25k unbuffed, with 540 defense and reasonable avoidance, you're more than fine.

Abel
02-13-2009, 07:06 AM
I MT'd a full clear of Naxx my first time ever being in there with about 26k HP, 23/17/19 dodge/parry/block.

I tanked (R) 0d OS, and (H) VoA with the same gear.

30k 25% dodge (if you have 25% dodge as a warrior your block should be at about 23%+, stacking dodge = fail) sounds more like tanking (H) 0d OS or entry level (H) Naxx.

With full gear from heroics and nothing from OS/VoA you're looking at 30k/25% dodge only if you stack stamina, just stay def capped, and gear everything else for dodge. I don't ever recommend doing that. I'm barely hitting that now with the best gear possible out of heroics/crafted/emblems and thats with the T7 chest and T7.5 gloves and a neck from 10m Naxx.