PDA

View Full Version : Flasks etc to bring to a raid

Utsusemi
02-08-2009, 05:51 AM
We have recently started raiding can some nice person please recommend what each class needs to bring? I'm unsure whats best for each class :/

Isha
03-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Well, for most classes, it depends more on spec than class. Easy guide to flasks:

Flask of Stoneblood (3 Cystalized Life, 7 Lichbloom, 1 Frost Lotus): +650 hp, Tanks

Flask of Endless Rage (3 Fire Leaf, 7 Lichbloom, 1 Frost Lotus): +180 AP, Melee DPS

Flask of the Frost Wyrm (5 Icethorn, 5 Lichbloom, 1 Frost Lotus): +125 SP, designed for Caster DPS but could be used for low power healers too, I suppose

Flask of Pure Mojo (7 Icethorn, 3 Pigmy Oil, 1 Frost Lotus): +38 mp5, once again designed for healers but theoretically could be used for caster DPS.

Hope that helped!:)

hvidgaard
03-08-2009, 09:24 AM
I've never really seen the point in the mp5 flask for healers. Over the course of 5min it gives you back 2280 mana which just don't offset the extra healing you can get from 125 spellpower. I use the spellpower flask exclusive on my healer :)

Isha
03-09-2009, 02:57 PM
True. But he asked to see all the flasks so I guessed I'd oblige.

And, I mean, if it were like a 30 minute fight...then you might want the mp5 one. If they add somthing like that...ever...

Basically, if you need the mp5 flask, you need to stack more spirit. :)

Squashed
03-10-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm a new raiding priest and my gear reflects that. I'm pumping out the HPS on fights like Sapp and KT, but both I went OOM in the last 25% or so. Some of this is learning the dance out of 5SR better, the other is my aggresive healing style.

For the raid tonight I'm opting for mp5 flask from Patchwerk onwards, and mp5 food, so I can avoid that no-mana zone. There is value, most of my heals hit for a little overheal and get me serendipity, so flask of the wyrm may be wasted overall.

Cookie
03-12-2009, 02:29 AM
I don't recommend pure mojo for healers at all. When you count the mp5 you get, its practically useless -.- If you want a flask for regen, distilled wisdom is better (it offers some extra mana, regen, crit and even scales with talents o.O), or Frost Wyrm for the spellpower.

Or if you are on a farm raid or have gold to spare a Guru/spellpower+Draenic wisdom elixir combo is better for holy priests and resto druids, and Guru/spellpower+Mighty thoughts for disc/paladin/shaman.

Pure mojo is bad, bad, bad!

Dizzy
03-12-2009, 06:52 AM
check out: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/46925-defensive-stance-warrior-information-compilation.html ;)