PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Pets in the Grobbulus Fight.

Guur
02-07-2009, 03:21 PM
First of all: Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot >_<
Secondly:

After watching the Naxxramas raid guide for Grobbulus, I realized how much of an issue hunter pets could be if they become infected.

So my question is: Are Hunter Pets, or any pet at all, valid targets for is Mutating Injection?

If they are, should I treat it as though I'm infected?

Thanks for the help ^_^

Leytur
02-07-2009, 03:31 PM
I would imagine you would throw an imp mend pet on them. Yea that would count as a dispel and hit them for added damage I think (come to think of it--I don't know exactly why we don't dispel that poison. . . just know we're not supposed to) but if it doesnt kill them you just keep a MP on them or even bandage them.

Have you heard of hunter pets being a problem on this fight? I can't think of any fights where I've heard of hunter pets being a raid problem. A hunter problem yes--as in they're hard to keep alive.

Muryou
02-07-2009, 03:51 PM
You cant dispel it because it does 10k damage in a 10-15 yard aoe. ive never seen a pet get injected yet and ive been running 10/25 man naxx since the week after wrath release so its a safe assumption that its not an issue at all..

Guur
02-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the response, was prepared to wipe the raid, but luckily, pet didn't get injected.

One of the people we had to pug in told me not to worry about it, apparently raid pets are targets.

Anyway, thanks again for the replies, i'll be sure to stop back in if I need help

^_^ Guur ^_^

Rorax28
02-10-2009, 04:52 AM
Hunter pets are NOT a target for mutating injection, however they can be hit with slimespray and spawn fallout slimes. Typically my pet only runs the risk of getting hit when the tank repositions Grobbulus and my cay runs past while re-aquiring. I solved tis by macroing a passive/attack hotkey so when the tank moves,hit it, cat comes back and is back behind the boss again when he stops, hope this helps