PDA

View Full Version : How many times shall Gluth's magic stack on me?

Kukan
02-07-2009, 04:42 AM
Hi.
I am a MT/OT there go naxx sometimes.
Me and my guild can only take the first wing + patchwerk :/

I just wanna know how many times Gluth's magic shall stack on me then we get there?

And i don't understand where shalll my Raid run then they got bomb on him or her at Grobbulus?

Thanks

ohh and here is a link to my character
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&n=Kukan)

sevve
02-07-2009, 05:32 AM
You have two tanks at Gluth on all times. The second tank taunts off the first when he has 2 stacks, then each tank can just taunt off the other whenever their debuff falls off. After a decimate, make sure you don't taunt before you have your health back up.

Warwench
02-07-2009, 05:43 AM
We go 3 stacks, or just look for when he enlarges.

As for Grobb, if you keep him moving steadily, they should run directly behind him when they get infected. You should aim to put ALL the poison on the outside of the grate that runs around.

MontanaTaur
02-07-2009, 08:24 AM
I've done Gluth a few different ways -- usually we taunt at 4-5 stacks (40-50% healing reduction). In one run, we traded at just one stack, so no one ever had the debuff for long at all. In yet another run, the pally tank in the group went and took care of zombie chow, so we had a dps-spec'd feral OT'ing with me. In that case, he taunted off me at 5 stacks, and I taunted back as soon as my buff cleared so that Gluth was on him the least amount of time possible. I also tried to time things to ensure that I had the boss during the decimates.

If you don't do any taunts, I believe it CAN stack up to 10...which would mean 100% healing reduction. not a good thing.

Nightdemon
02-07-2009, 10:13 AM
It does stack up to 10, but either I got lucky, or the mechanics of it reset it after the timer was up (It wasnt re-applied or refreshed).

The OT died in a run (taunted @ Decimate :P), and we didnt have a battle res. It stacked to 10 on me, and just kept counting down. It eventually wore off, and he started to reapply it starting at 1 again. We killed him too :P

Skyborn
02-07-2009, 10:25 AM
There's really no reason to let debuffs stack up that high -- as there's no disadvantage to passing Gluth back and forth between tanks. Letting stacks get high is just making it harder on your healers for no reason.

Personally -- I OT this fight and the DK usually MT's it. So we swap often (usually at 2 stacks then trade back when one of our debuffs falls off). We swap often so I never get rage starved.

We just make sure we're not switching near the decimates -- so the healers have time to focus on one tank for the duration. After we're both healed back up after decimate we trade.