PDA

View Full Version : Aggro Loss on Sapphiron?

Lorvak
02-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Tonight guild went in to work on Sapphiron. About the 3rd attempt I lost aggro to the Pally OT about 15-20 seconds into the fight. Thought maybe I was messing up a rotation or something. After checking recount, saw only 2 misses (I'm not quite hit capped) from SS and 2 misses from revenge over the entire fight.

Next attempt, I was paying attention to omen to make sure I wasn't just slacking...2 minutes in the DPS DK pulls off of me and is nowhere near my TPS.

Has anyone had this problem...or I'm I doing something wrong? We checked recount for any taunts, but all taunts seem to be Immune....so couldn't be that.

This is the first time, and only time I have ever lost aggro on a boss to anyone...and we have been running the same group for the past few weeks...anyone know of anything similiar?

Crommi
02-07-2009, 07:07 AM
To me it sounds like your OT screwed up, there's no need for him to build threat. If he was constantly riding the aggro treshold, he should have dropped Righteous Fury already.

hbombs
02-07-2009, 07:16 AM
probly a bad string of misses and non crits. topped with an unobservant OT and dps DK. nothing to worry about im sure.

edit: Crommi fix your sig :) I would love to have 4 extra talents points but I don't think that's happening anytime soon.

Crommi
02-07-2009, 08:14 AM
edit: Crommi fix your sig :) I would love to have 4 extra talents points but I don't think that's happening anytime soon.

Offtopic: But but... hunter pets do get +4 extra talent points!

Magnuss
02-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Paladins put out MUCH MUCH more threat on saph. Ill be putting out 6-8k and they will be putting out 10k+ without even having aggro, its just how they are on that boss. Next time let the pally tank it or have him offspec heal or something, they will out threat you even with vigilance without even trying.

Lorvak
02-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Maybe thats it...it was just weird because it was only that one time that it happened. And we still have no idea what happened with the DK, there was over a 200k threat lead on the number 2 person, and he was 3rd? Oh well...gonna chalk it up to a fluke and make sure I'm not messing up anything I'm doing.

Canadianpimp
02-07-2009, 07:10 PM
One thing you can do is during air phases, intervene someone who is catching up to you on threat. A good ranged class will be able to come close to your threat since you are not building threat during an air phase.

Crommi
02-08-2009, 03:04 AM
One thing you can do is during air phases, intervene someone who is catching up to you on threat. A good ranged class will be able to come close to your threat since you are not building threat during an air phase.

Just be careful not to do this until all iceblocks are up, otherwise you might end up killing that person instead.