PDA

View Full Version : maly 10 man(DK needed or not)

zeelesneider
02-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Hi i got a few questions regarding malygos.

first is here on my realm we pug a lot and they keep on thinking you need a DK to DG the sparks to raid and there is no other way. I saw the vid here on maly and saw no dps and think it was ciderhelm that said its not the best thing to rely on a DK to pull the sparks.. From what i have learend is that my dps is very low when i have to focus on sparks and that doesnt work for me. any sugestions would be lovely please.

Seccond question is what is the average dps you need from your raid to make the enrage timer cause that was also a problem when we had to focus on the sparks and we had two dks in raid very good geared the one but only pushed out 1.7k+ dps where we normaly get 3k-4k on Sartharion.

thanks
Nasgul
Silvermoon

Sloth
02-07-2009, 06:32 PM
ive killed maly twice, and we didnt have a DK either time. what we do is pretty much exactly what ciderhelm's video says to do. hunter will call out where the spark is coming from, and the MT will move maly to the opposite side, and the hunter will kill the spark in the middle which gives all the range dps the buff. (im the only melee dps, fury warrior).

as for dps, before phase three we dont have anyone under 2.1k or 2.2k. our hunter is really good, he is really the only one that worries about killing the sparks. he sometimes has a shaman frost shock it, but for the most part he gets it down in the middle everytime. getting the sparks to stack on top of each other gives a huge dps boost, and really helps with the timer.

we also only use two healers, not sure if you use three or not, but if you use two healers, then you should have enough dps to get it.

hvidgaard
02-07-2009, 07:33 PM
it really depends on your tank, if (s)he is able to do proper kiting then you don't need a DK at all. If the kiting is sloppy or bad then yes you need a DK. We usually have a DK and he dps fulltime but do DG the sparks if we get a bad angle on them (mistakes/lag happens you know).

As for dps I don't really have a clue what you need, but around 3min on the enrage timer when you enter phase3 seems about doable - anything less and you have to work hard in p3.

Krashtork
02-08-2009, 08:20 AM
If your tank does his job there is no need for a DK. I have killed maly several times now and DKs are not necessary. But if you can get ahold of a good one that can make it a bit easier.

zeelesneider
02-09-2009, 05:07 AM
thanks for the advise ppl i thought as much that dk wont be really needed... cause i only puss out bout 1.6k dps if i have to stop and focus on the sparks and after finding out tank doesnt realy know how to tank him we never got him down in time for enrage and the whole thing bout that was cause of the sparks...

and one more thing here is my armory and i take it its good enough for tanking maly to?
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Nasgul)