PDA

View Full Version : sarth 2D

Horacio
02-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I used the search (not really) and I see alot of posts on Sarth 3D but I am going to be lazy.

So, last night we whooped Malygos and had 3 hours to work on Sarth 2D (ok, sure, we'd love to get 3D but we suck at 2D now so....)

Ok, so leaving up Tenebron and Vesperon. after alot of wrangling and bungling, we got to where we can have Tenebron dead with Vesperon incoming with 23-25 people standing. Then the wheels fall off.

For a while, we were losing the Sarth tank. (I'm the drake tank) I'd get Vesperon clear and be working on him, people would start dying and the MT would croak. Ok, we fixed the MT dying but we are still having hell keepign everyone else alive.

It could be a number of things. I think in part, people start taking the Twilight Torment damage and freak out, lose their place and die. Anyhow, I have Vesp. and I'm getting no DPS on him. Just me and I am totally awesome and handsome to boot, but my DPS isn't going to kill this fooker. At this point we are bleeding people. Currently, we are sending a ton of DPS into the portal to nuke down the add but its not really happening fast enough.

I *think* we just aren't dealing with the extra damage, not getting the add down fast enough, and basically falling apart.

Thrin
02-06-2009, 11:22 AM
How many healers were you guys running with, maybe you might need to bring in an extra? void zones/adds/lava walls killing anyone?

Did you try skipping the add completely and having the tank blow some cooldowns to provide extra dps time on vesperon?

only other thing I can suggest would be to try and have your entire raid stack a bit more stm gear.

Ray
02-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Well, you left the right drakes up.

A few things:

1. Get your raid to be more concerned about staying alive more than anything else, dead DPS does no DPS. So get people used to the firewall safe spots and to move out of void zones.

2. Once you get to that point (this may take awhile and you may not actually get everyone past #1) you NEED to kill Tenebron before 2 whelp waves. If you cant do this, then you will wipe. Burn Hero if you have to get Tene dead before she summons the 2nd portal.

3. Burn down the adds before/during Vesp landing. If you can manage #2, then you should have more than enough time to clear adds before Vesp lands and lower the dam from Twilight torrment.

4. Dont take portals. There is no reason too and just slows down DPS on Vesp way to much. Kill Vesp, then kill the add in the portal.

5. Should be an auto win after Vesp dies. Just keep the MT up, call for AoE when you get more than 6 blazes. If your blaze tank is taking to much dam, have a rogue deenrage the blazes while Vesp is up.

2D is fairly simple as long as you have strong enough DPS to kill Tene before 2 whelp ports. Its pretty much an auto win after that. DPS need to be smart and not DPS at 50% health and not get hit by firewalls and voidzones.

Tonylicious
02-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Two points of Ray's I disagree with.

2. Once you get to that point (this may take awhile and you may not actually get everyone past #1) you NEED to kill Tenebron before 2 whelp waves. If you cant do this, then you will wipe. Burn Hero if you have to get Tene dead before she summons the 2nd portal.

For a 2D kill the only metric you should worry about is that when Vesperon comes down Tenebron needs to be dead and all adds have just been AoEd down. Two whelp spawns isn't the end of the world, as long as your add tank/s and healers are aware and prepared for it. Definately burn your lust on Tenebron though, its wasted with Twilight Torment up.

4. Dont take portals. There is no reason too and just slows down DPS on Vesp way to much. Kill Vesp, then kill the add in the portal.

Its more up to your healers whether you take portals. If your healers are feeling excessively strained on the raid taking the portals should offer no ill effects hitting the enrage should be of no concern as long as people are surviving (~16m), if Raid DPS is low its even a better idea. Obviously at lower percents on Vesperon you'll probably just want to stay up and finish him off (30-40%). Your problem is probably that your DPS isn't watching TT damage.

If you do decide to do portals try to make sure the blazes get taken down before your DPS takes the portal down, obviously still being careful of TT damage.

Side note: 12k damage fire cyclones in 3D = Stupid.