PDA

View Full Version : Instructor Razuvious Without priests nor hunters?

nosscire
02-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Well, we are heading into Naxx 25 for the first time as a guild tomorrow, and as it tend to be in first time casual guilds we kinda take whatever we can get to fill the 25 spots.

This means that we might have 1 priest, but most likely none. It also means that we will have 2 hunters, not the 3 needed for the hunter tanking tactic thingy.

What we do have instead is a bunch of paladins, and deathknights.

What do you think about using the "hunter tactic" but replacing the third hunter with a tanking class?

The timing should still work. Distracting shot taunts for 6 seconds, tank taunts for 3, giving 15 seconds per rotation. As the spells are on a 8 second cooldown, you should have 7 seconds to spare for the taunt.

What do you guys think? Would it be possible?

Jin17
02-06-2009, 02:03 AM
I had an idea of a sort with 3 tanks (possibly 2)...
My idea includes 2 prot specced warriors with vigilance taunting off the boss off from eachother at set intervals of time,using 1 hunter or a rogue for extra threat if need be.Now the way I see it if its done with 2 tanks each of the prot warriors pick 2 adds on themselves and cast vigilance on one another,that way taunt will be refreshed all the time and with the change in taunt mechanic (now you can taunt from further away) it should be possible to keep the boss running back and forth between the 2 tanks being tauntlocked :D

This is still just an idea on my part but if someone wants to experiment write down if it works.

nosscire
02-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Thats an idea that could work as well. Might actually use it, running with 2 prot warriors and 1 prot pala.
Might try that tomorrow!

Did realize that my group have another problem too though, Grand Widow Faerlina. Another place where you need a priest. Only one needed, but it's still an issue for us as we most likely won't have any priests.

If anyone have any ideas for this one as well, please tell me :)

Kainic
02-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Did realize that my group have another problem too though, Grand Widow Faerlina. Another place where you need a priest. Only one needed, but it's still an issue for us as we most likely won't have any priests.

If anyone have any ideas for this one as well, please tell me :)

Brute force. I mean going for the achievement, that's not using Widow's Embrace or killing the adds. It requires high healing stress and a very well geared tank. If your starting with Naxx25 maybe it will be difficult to do, but it's better die trying than wondering forever. Once you get used to the achievement, you'll do it everytime.

loquatious
02-06-2009, 08:47 AM
I think you guys are screwed :)

I'd recruit a priest from LFG - If you were expert with the encounter then I'd try it with one priest but learning the encounting with no priests ? Thats going to be frustrating.

You can avoid razuvious if you have a lock - have some tanks pull him off to the side - the raid runs past him and into the corner of the next room, wipe, die, Pop, rez, summon continue !

Gothic & the 4 horseman allow for raid recovery.

Magnuss
02-06-2009, 09:50 AM
the problem with the tank strategy, especially on 25man is that razuvious hits hard... like 1 shot through shield wall kind of hard... he isnt something typically take a hit from and survive... just keep that in mind.

Molohk
02-06-2009, 10:00 AM
the problem with the tank strategy, especially on 25man is that razuvious hits hard... like 1 shot through shield wall kind of hard... he isnt something typically take a hit from and survive... just keep that in mind.
This is correct.

"Unbalancing Strike - A melee attack that deals 350% weapon damage and hits for approximately 100,000 physical damage after mitigation and leaves the target unbalanced , reducing its defense by 100 for 6 seconds."

If your tank gets hit by this once, even with shield wall, he will die.

Cloud8690
02-08-2009, 12:15 PM
This is correct.

"Unbalancing Strike - A melee attack that deals 350% weapon damage and hits for approximately 100,000 physical damage after mitigation and leaves the target unbalanced , reducing its defense by 100 for 6 seconds."

If your tank gets hit by this once, even with shield wall, he will die.

Shield wall reduces the damage by 60% which would bring it to 40k, fully buffed tank with last stand popped could last one Unbalancing Strike, a second would wipe him out though

Amrita
02-08-2009, 01:33 PM
I had an idea of a sort with 3 tanks (possibly 2)...
My idea includes 2 prot specced warriors with vigilance taunting off the boss off from eachother at set intervals of time,using 1 hunter or a rogue for extra threat if need be.Now the way I see it if its done with 2 tanks each of the prot warriors pick 2 adds on themselves and cast vigilance on one another,that way taunt will be refreshed all the time and with the change in taunt mechanic (now you can taunt from further away) it should be possible to keep the boss running back and forth between the 2 tanks being tauntlocked :D

This is still just an idea on my part but if someone wants to experiment write down if it works.

Thx for this - this tack worked really good for my Guild in naxx 25 man :cool:

Gadholm
02-08-2009, 01:54 PM
I can't imagine you could tank him over any real period of time manually and be successful. The Unbalancing Strike is tactic-breaking.

Nayre
02-08-2009, 02:33 PM
If you can manage to get one priest and a hunter, you can also do it like that. What you do is have one healer dedicated to the hunter, and if you have a holy paladin, have him beacon a tank. Have the tank pick up all the adds, and the priest MC one and tank Raz. When the MC is nearing a break, have the hunter distracting shot and run while the priest MCs again, at which point the hunter FDs and the priest taunts. Rinse and repeat.

It's a bit sketchy, but the way that my guild ended up doing it due to us not actually having any priests for the first long while, then getting one. We tried using a two hunter, 1 pally method, but that didn't end up working very well due to the difference in run speeds.

Though, also, the vigilance idea is pure hax and I had not thought of that at all.

Amrita
02-08-2009, 11:32 PM
If you can manage to get one priest and a hunter, you can also do it like that. What you do is have one healer dedicated to the hunter, and if you have a holy paladin, have him beacon a tank. Have the tank pick up all the adds, and the priest MC one and tank Raz. When the MC is nearing a break, have the hunter distracting shot and run while the priest MCs again, at which point the hunter FDs and the priest taunts. Rinse and repeat.

It's a bit sketchy, but the way that my guild ended up doing it due to us not actually having any priests for the first long while, then getting one. We tried using a two hunter, 1 pally method, but that didn't end up working very well due to the difference in run speeds.

Though, also, the vigilance idea is pure hax and I had not thought of that at all.

The Vigilance idea worked really awsome as it looks like you're playing ping pong. The range on the taunt is the only thing you'll need to be aware of and standing on the outer circle (the 2 warriors now) and taunting the boss till the priest can MC again takes skill as your warriors need to pop all sorts of CD's (and to be honest both our 2 tanks died - 1 got battle res and the other not and me that is dps needed to taunt him the last minute or so)

But it really works.