PDA

View Full Version : You Don't Have An Eternity

Caulle
02-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Alright, last achievement I need for my Proto Drake. We just got our 10man 3D kill over the weekend, and I had a last minute 8man run to do to EoE tonight so it has to wait until next Tuesday. Preparation time.

I know the sparks got changed in 3.08, and they despawn after a set amount of time regardless if you trap them or not. So, I'm going to assume that you just have to kill them as soon as you have them in position and at the most you'd get a consistent 2 spark overlap.

Part of my problem is that I think we're going to need a mostly ranged group comp to do extra DPS on Maly going from the P1 > P2 transition so that we have less to do in P3. The other issue with that is that we ran a Melee group to Sarth3D over the weekend and they're all going to want their drakes. Would this achievement actually be possible with an all melee group?

I'm not going to worry much if I have to make some people sit and wait for the following week, just trying to gauge what the best approach to this achievement is.

Greatblack
02-09-2009, 12:39 AM
im guessing this is a beat up fight..... 1 tank 7 dps and 2 healers id synergize your dps to be effective with eachother such as like 1 warrior tank
1 priest healer 1 druid healer and 2 mele 4 casters like.... ele shaman boomkin shadow priest and a mage Deathknight and rogue..... or something like that to be able to atain over 3.5k dps sustained.... im guessing also you have about a 1:00-1:30 second window to get from 100% to 50% for phase 2 and then i suggest popping bloodlust since phase 1 you get breaks in dps with vortex...
phase 3 just have 9 dps drakes and 1 healing drake i think its doable you might need about 1:00-1:30 seconds to do that phase more tward the 1 minute phase.... you have to land every spark ontop of the 1st one every time you can and you may want the DK to Pull the sparks closer with grip to do faster dps ultamatly chains of ice ect phase 1 is the hump.... for phase 2 when you have 2 mele i suggest you focus mele on the ground with everyone you have then going to the air.... for anything over 2 i suggest making all casters go to the skies while mele kills stuff on the ground... so when ground kills 2 the casters will have 1 dead at least phase 3 just no1 can die and you really gotta get sheilds right... also you gotta really push dps

Greatblack
02-09-2009, 12:40 AM
most mele you can bring is 3 thats for sure 4 is really pushing it your wasting time on phase 2 if u have more than 3

Greatblack
02-09-2009, 12:41 AM
plus the whole synergize group idea if u split too much no1 gets benefits from eachother

Verdekins
04-03-2009, 08:18 PM
We actually ran 1 Tank, 1 Healer 8 DPS. It Allowed us to have a massive burn on Malygos and we were nearly 35 seconds ahead of the timer when we got the kill. This includes 2 people dead in Phase 3.

Group makeup was:

Warrior MT
Retrebution Paladin
Resto Druid
Enhancement Shammy
Arc Mage x2
Survival Hunter
Shadow Priest
Rogue
Death Knight

I usually move Malygos around the raid to allow people full dps time in sparks so they don't have to move.

Our kill went like this. Maly lands as soon as he does full out DPS. First Vortex ends and Hero is used. First spark popped on the raid and Cooldowns used. Second spark is on the raid and Haste potions are used. By this time Maly should be in the air. Our Resto druid at that point started to DPS as well and our Ret Pali threw out some heals to help since hes grounded and can't do much. Soon as Phase 2 starts we stay in the sparks and Druid goes into overdrive. Ret pali pop's Specd DS and ranged burn Scions while melee take out Lords. Phase 2 ends incredably fast and in Phase 3 we assign 1 Healer and everyone else spams 112 112 112 as a dps rotation. NO SHIELDS. Burn him as hard as possible stay out of sparks. Stay stacked. We were a little sloppy but could have had the kill at about ~5 Mins

Garbid
04-05-2009, 05:25 PM
1 tank
1 healer
8 dps

Phase1
Trick is to burn him down below 50% before suffering second vortex.
Use BL/Heroism on first spark, and blow all your CD's on second spark.

Phase2
Ranged focusfires Scions, melee on ground mobs. Make sure you got a smart ranged dps marking for focusfire as to pick someone who's gonna be in range long enough to be killed, not someone who's already moving away.
Also if you get a bubble on the other side on the platform, don't move. Wait and hope for another bubble much closer, decreases your overall movement.

Phase3
If phase 1 and 2 were done properly, then it doesn't matter at all how you do this phase. Everyone for himself with 1123 rotation or have a designated healer. You can't go wrong, even with 1-2 people dead.

Tips

Did this with various setups and this one time it was almost full ranged. So we had some ranged help out with melee mobs. After the melee mobs were dead and a third disk from scions, the tank decided to go up there and do his dps. Problem was with 1 healer and just casters below (lower average health, no spellreflect or other tanking gadgets), we always started to loose dps 1 by 1. Until we forbid the tank to take a disk... He was the only person to could comfortably take the dmg down there and made healing helluva lot easier.

Ph3 on the drakes, if your going solo with 1123 rotation, make sure you can turn your camera and see what ever comes your way, and be ready to move asap. And with several sparks in the air near the end, I almost never stopped flying while still dps'ing.

Woopiwoopi
04-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Yup 1 tank, 1 heals and the dps is best synergized for maximum efficiency. Wether there ranged or melee, it doesnt really matter, as long as you get Malygos down before that 2nd vortex, although ranged is favourable due to the transition between phases.