PDA

View Full Version : Sarth3D-25 Drake Tank - Shadow Resist?

Zyco
02-03-2009, 01:34 PM
My guild is attempting Sarth3D-25 for the second week now and this week they are bringing me in as the drake tank.

I've been looking at WWS parses, e.g.:

Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/lxjcxwuxiqfec)

and looking at the damage breakdown from the three different drakes. It looks like 30-40% of the damage comes from their breath (shadow) and I'm curious if that warrants putting on some extra shadow resist like the Argent Crusade Arcanum, etc?

The drake tank in the above parse (Bazz) looks to have switched onto Sarth at some point (likely after all three drakes were down) but I assume that having some shadow resist wouldn't greatly impair tanking that end portion.

I'm new to tanking with WotLK which doesn't have much in the way of resist fights, so I guess this may be a general question of at what point is resist gear worth giving up stam/avoidance for? I suspect people with experience tanking a lot of the BC resist encounters can shed some light on this.

My armory is linked in my signature if you want to take a look at my gear and give me any other feedback on my ability to tank this though I will likely be respeccing for more threat (had improved spell reflect for maly), thanks in advance.

Xav
02-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Shadow resist aura and maybe one piece of SR would make a big difference, and/or a chromatic flask.

In the 10 man in particular, doing the drake tanking with 0 resist vs 130+ was a very noticeable difference.