PDA

View Full Version : Zombiefest!

Cloud8690
02-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Little question about this achievement.

After we kill the second boss inside the inn, how long does it normally take for arthas to get to the inn? And does he normally kill the zombies as he runs past them?

Aethraen
02-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Takes him a few minues to get to the Inn, although it feels like forever. No, he won't kill any zombies on his way there unless they changed him

Morgo
02-03-2009, 01:29 PM
There are still only about 85 zombies in the area before the inn, so you need to:

Kill the 2. boss in the inn, to make sure, I would not dps him until the zombies outside the door respawn

Wait for Arthas, do the whole inn event

Find a way to collect all the zombies from the first part of the instance, can't do it as prot because the zombies will die from hitting me. What worked for us:
DK/Pally, no need for them to spec prot, just put on as much prot gear as they have and let them do the collecting.
Enh. Shaman worked nicely, too, he just collected them all with his wolves (they dash REALLY fast)

As soon as the person colecting all the stuff comes down the secret passage, just pull all the zombies, that are close to the back entrance, and aoe everything down. since you have one minute to kill them, it's no problem if a zombie dies early, just make sure that none die while collecting up front.

Aethraen
02-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Find a way to collect all the zombies from the first part of the instance, can't do it as prot...

Very much can do it as a Prot warrior. Can always take off your shield to prevent Damage Shield from touching them. They run slowly so you shouldn't take much damage, and the mobility Warbringers gives is a wonderful thing

austaz
02-03-2009, 03:34 PM
I have done this as prot with a shiled on it's not difficult, warbringer to get ahead of the pack, demo shout to round them up, full boss/dodge gear not shield block gear. A few might have died along the way but there are plenty more right outside the door at the bottom of the inn to go get.

Niian
02-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Each time we've done this we pull the 2nd boss into the inn and wait for respawns.
Once mobs have respawned we go up and kill the 3rd boss like usual.

With the 3rd boss dead and the back door opened we get 2 of our DPSers to get naked and go die.
They then run back in from the start, get healed up and when everyones ready they run to the left and to the right gathering zombies. The 3rd DPS starts to gather from the inn where the 2nd boss died, and I start tanking mobs in the next street.

Viola! 3 areas being cleared and it's an easy achievement.

Cloud8690
02-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah I know how to do it, last time we tried though, we weren't sure if Arthas was coming or not so we sent a hunter in, ended up aggroing about 15 zombies so we were just gonna start the 3rd boss event and wipe, but after taht, Arthas bugged out and wouldn't do anything T.T

Maat
02-05-2009, 03:02 PM
It always seems to take Arthas forever (like a good 5 minutes) to reach the town hall when we do this achievement. He has to stop fighting the zombies near the entrance, probably it just takes longer with full respawns for him to completely reset from that and start up running. Never had a stealther along to confirm that.

Achievement is hysterical, wish it didn't practically exclude the mount boss though.

Niian
02-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Arthas shouldn't touch any of the zombies as he runs to the inn.
Nor should he attack once he arrives.

Onyxspear
02-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Did this last night, was pretty fun.

Killed the instance as per normal till the 3rd boss, El'Lizardo the Timedude. Then we had our ret turn off ret aura and ran back and face pulled ALL the zombies from the beginning, we had unholy aura from our DPS DK, so we could easily out run them.

We pulled them through the inn to the next area then ran 1/2 the gauntlet all at once, then killed all the zombies. 100 Zombies easy like pie.

Moleculor
02-23-2009, 11:01 PM
How do you collect the zombies, anyhow? The one time I've ever made an attempt on this, our tank tried to go out three times from the inn after we had cleared it to pick up zombies, and he'd make it maybe 2/3rds of the way out before dying, and that was even with me pre-shielding and pre-mending him. I'm a healer, so I don't tank, so I don't know the right words to explain the methods for pulling these mobs properly, and I couldn't heal him of course since that would pull threat to me, and every guide I've read about this achievement says that the zombies run slowly enough that you shouldn't be getting hit, but this guy obviously was, so what's the trick to pulling them?

Aethraen
02-24-2009, 12:21 AM
How do you collect the zombies, anyhow? The one time I've ever made an attempt on this, our tank tried to go out three times from the inn after we had cleared it to pick up zombies, and he'd make it maybe 2/3rds of the way out before dying, and that was even with me pre-shielding and pre-mending him. I'm a healer, so I don't tank, so I don't know the right words to explain the methods for pulling these mobs properly, and I couldn't heal him of course since that would pull threat to me, and every guide I've read about this achievement says that the zombies run slowly enough that you shouldn't be getting hit, but this guy obviously was, so what's the trick to pulling them?

Would help to know what class he was =X
Warriors can charge all over place, Druids can go kitty and use Dash as well as charge around in Bear, Paladins can bubble themselves when they get a bunch and book it, dunno about Deathknights (guess it would depend on what spec they are; freeze them in place as frost, make them run slower as unholy, dunno what Blood can do)

marklar
03-23-2009, 12:52 PM

i collect zombies as a warrior. you will get hit a bit, but i can't imagine dying from them. i switch to dual wield to avoid killing them with damage shield, then i just run through spamming demo shout. when i get to the end and have to run back through the pack, i do take a bit of damage, so i will last stand/enraged regen at this point and hit my red rabbit. from then on, they will not even get close to you and in fact take forever to get through the inn.

HOWEVER, i have not gotten the achievement yet - two attempts like this with every zombie from the starting area + charging the gauntlet and my counter has not gone above 20 either time. i am watching to be sure no zombies are dying and starting the counter early, so i just can't figure it out. :mad:

Thansoli
01-19-2010, 10:28 AM
When my group did it, we really only had one tank class... ME!! (Prot Pally) We did everything the same way everybody else has described, 2nd boss pulled to the Inn, wait for respawns, etc. After clearing our the Inn was when the fun started. :p The rest of the group waited at the start of the gauntlet while I went back to get the zombies at the beginning of the instance. I body pulled all of them with no shield (a crit taunt would kill one). Right as I was grabbing the last couple of zombies, the rest of the group ran in to the start of the gauntlet, dropped an Earth Elemental for the first elite, and killed their 15 zombies. I just poped Holy Wrath, Conscecrate and Divine Protection to make sure I didn't die while killing the 85 at the start. I even had time to run all the way back to the gauntlet before anybody but one over-zealous mage had died.

EDIT: I totally didn't realize I was necro-ing a 10 month old thread... That's what I get for reading through old posts I guess...

Marcis
08-10-2010, 03:32 AM
When we did it my group made me take shield off (Prot warrior) and run slowly through them. It was not hard to collect them and our priest followed me, but he did not healed me much. We killed all miniboses except last one (Salmann(?) the Fleshcrafter) then i taunted him while our shadowpriest checked number of zombies, then we killed him and went through following Arthas. After killing Infinite Dragonflight boss and following Arthas through secret passage, we did not talked to Arthas so he stops there. We collected zombies the way i described and i slowly dragged them through passage. On the other side we bunched them all up and ... ZOMBIEFEST! :)

EviLNygma
09-30-2010, 10:57 AM
It's probably one of the easiest achievements if you have a paladin with you basically because of Sacred Shield.

I have done this so many times now for guild members. Take down the spawns, first boss and next spawns. When the 2nd boss appears kite him to the inn entrance. Don't dps him for a minute until you see the zombies further up the road start to spawn then DPS down Salram.

After he is dead Arthas will shout to meet him at the inn... your already there. When he appears speak to him and continue through the dragonkin and 3rd boss. Get Arthas to open the bookcase/door. Rest of the group stand with Arthas (without speaking to him) while the paladin runs back to the entrance.

Prot pallys remember to take Sanctuary off in case you accidentally damage the zombies. Just spam your Sacred Shield and run back to collect them up. You should have 80+ zombies following you.. When you get back to the inn just go through and meet your group at the other side. When the kited zombies start to appear you should have plenty of time to AoE them and run up the street and collect that few more you need for the achievement.

uglybbtoo
10-01-2010, 12:42 AM
There is no requirement to kite zombies etc at all do the drag boss to inn trick wait for respawns then down the 3rd boss. Now simply send one dps back to front section have the zombie count quest track on screen the moment you see the count start ... you the healer and the other 2 dps start the gauntlet as normal.

There is no proximity distance for the quest you get each others counts no matter how far apart you are it simply requires killing the adds in both sections at same time.

PatrikL
10-05-2010, 04:50 AM
About the kiting part, no matter which tank class you are you can outrun the zombies. Just make sure you dont everyone stop and run in big circles so that they catch you and slow you down. This whole thing just seems more difficult than it is.

Rennadrel
10-28-2010, 09:28 PM
This achievement has been patched to prevent you from pulling the zombies down the stairs and into the gauntlet. There are a couple of clear cut methods to doing this for those that are attempting it.

Pull the 2nd boss into the Town Hall
Clear out the trash and the 3rd boss in the Town Hall
Tank (if extremely well geared can do it solo) and healer go pick up all the zombies while the group remains in the room where the 3rd boss was.
Eliminate all zombies and proceed down to the gauntlet and have your tank chain pull the first half before the timer runs out, you should get around 55 from the first section of the instance and another 55 from the first part of the gauntlet alone.

Alternatively, you can focus fire down elites with no AoE damage at all to zombies until you get to the 2nd section of the gauntlet, there are exactly 100 zombies in the whole gauntlet to get the achievement.