PDA

View Full Version : Phase 3-Best DPS rotation?

Poultry
02-03-2009, 09:18 AM
What exactly is the best DPS rotation for phase 3? We got to phase 3 with about 3-3.5 min left on enrage, and seemingly couldnt do crap against him in regards to the timer....Most of us were doing 1,1,2 as far as the rotation is concerned. Is 1,1,1,2 better?

Sidenote: I think some of us were losing our stacks which moreso hurt the dps and we just need more practice, and yes, I know this. Either way, I'm still wondering what the most practical rotation is...

Tonylicious
02-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Looks like you're talking about Malygos.

I usually recommend people do a 3 cp/finisher rotation until they get a better feel for the fight. You can start doing a 3/2 or 3/1 rotation once you get an idea of how long your dot will stay up and how to keep it up if you get focused 2/3 times in a row. 2/1 and 2/2 work also, but are more prone to a bad series of focuses losing your stacks.

If anyone ever loses their stacks they probably would have been more effective doing a 5cp/finisher rotation.

DogShep
02-03-2009, 09:26 AM
The 1/1/1/2 rotation lets you keep your stack up even if you have to stop to shield yourself. The 1/1/2 rotation, if you have to stop to shield yourself, lets the DoT drop off Malygos, which hurts your dps tremendously.

Stearns
02-03-2009, 10:06 AM
use 112 if you practiced a ton already on the daily - you can shield yourself & keep the stack up... again, that's only if you've practiced a ton. Our ppl tend to let the stack fall off when they have to move out of the aoe he does... again, practice practice practice. We've been getting up to 18 stacks with the 112 method. And tbh, if you're getting to p3 with 3 minutes, you have a TON of time to kill him with time to spare - so there's no excuse!

Thrin
02-04-2009, 08:46 AM
I think while learning the fight you should make people stick to the 5cp/finisher strategy and don't use the finisher if your under 85 energy. Might take you a little longer to kill him doing that but you are guaranteeing that everyone will have the ability to shield themselves if they get targeted and providing yourself with more cushion on the dot timer which is a plus while everyone is taking the phase in and learning..

Personally I favor the 1112 rotation but I usually just end up mixing in a little 112 every now and then.

Above all else just do what it takes to stay alive without dropping your stacks, if the 112 puts out stacks faster but cases you to drop it frequently then you would be better off using a higher cp rotation.

Erichilles
02-04-2009, 01:10 PM
don't be discouraged if it seems like your having no effect on him. due to the nature of the fight, and the way your dot works, he'll start to die exponentially faster as the fight goes on (assuming everyone keeps their dots up). My guild normally hits phase 3 at 3:30 left. about 20-30 seconds for malygos to get into place and become targetable, and we have a little over 3 minutes in phase 3. Our most recent kill last monday, we finished him at 48 seconds left and 3 people dead (if that gives you a better idea of timing and whatnot)