PDA

View Full Version : Sartharion 3 Drake 10 Man Questions

Wiltor
02-03-2009, 01:43 AM
I am thinking about getting a group of people together to work on this encounter, most of us are full 25 man raid gear right now.

We went in this past week and walked over 10 man sartharion with 1 drake up and are going back for 2 this week.

The group make up I am going to try to bring is; Protection warrior, Death Knight tank, Death Knight DPS (also picks up the ads until the 3rd drake dies), Shadow Priest x 2, Warlock, Rogue, Restoration Shaman, Restoration Druid and Holy Paladin.

First question is, is it better to have the protection warrior or death knight tanking sartharion?

Second is how much dps do you need for this encounter at the moment? I am not in an insanely hard core raiding guild at the moment and so I myself am probably not hitting spread sheet numbers but I can do 4500-4700ish on a fight like patchwerk and so can all the other dps other then the rogue since 3.0.8 which is now slightly lower then ours. I am wondering when a drake being dead or not is really game breaking here... I have watched videos of the drakes dying within 15-30 seconds of the next one comming down and another where the 1st drake died within 30 seconds of the second landing but when the 3rd came down the 2nd drake was still at like 90-95% health.

Menkáno
02-03-2009, 05:13 AM
We use a dk tank for sartharion. Setup looks good although we did it with 3 tanks and 2 healers but I also heard of 2tank-3healer-setups. Of course you need good dps but you win this fight with your healers and tanks. You can measure your dps with the number of whelp waves before the first drake dies. A second wave meant normally a wipe in our tries.