PDA

View Full Version : need help with dk gear with rune of gargoyle skin

Angelayes
02-02-2009, 11:29 AM
So with the new rune of the gargoyle skin im kind of at a stand still of where to go gear wise! I worked my bum off to get to the d cap to be able to at least off tank naxx and have had great results. but being that this new chant boosts an outstanding 25 points to total defense i find myself with 566 defense. All my gems are stam already so where to go from here?

the 25 points opens up to be able to lose 100 points off of my current gear. would it be wise to throw on some DPS gear for the added threat/hit rating etc.?

Has anyone researched this?

Anyone have any ideas or list?

do I stick with swordshattering for the parry? should I focus on more mitigation stats on gear? Im sooooo lost. So many possibilities!

I understand my gear isnt outstanding but its good enought mt thus far.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hakkar&n=Angelayes)

Inaara
02-02-2009, 11:37 AM
uh... the most improvement for you basically comes from replacing all of your gear lol. In the mean time, put HP on your chest. Run heroic AN for the stam trinket and belt. Well pretty much run heroics until your hands are numb.

elrusoloco
02-02-2009, 02:56 PM
The thing that jumps out at me - you're well over 540 Def. I'd say replace the +def enchants on your chest and cloak with +stam (18 stam kit on chest.......not sure if cloak has something you could put on there, maybe agi for dodge? Maybe the +def is the best there is). You're also ready for heroics - use Wowhead to find out specific improvements for each slot and run the ones that drop them.

Angelayes
02-02-2009, 03:49 PM
yeah I had reached the def cap before the patch when gargoyle came out so I'm way above the cap. Indeed I've been doing a few heroics here and there and have mt'd 2 1/2 wings of naxx before wife pulls me off :D and off tank for guild as well!

Im constantly losing on rolls for better gear. But I guess the overall is that I need to be running more instances and raids as I can :D

Thanks for the posts guys!