PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Peeves

Hit Me
02-02-2009, 09:28 AM
This morning, while driving to work, I decided that I hate people who go 35 mph down the on ramp of the interstate. Seriously? Are you trying to get people killed? They make that big ass ramp specifically so you can get to speed to safely merge with traffic. Please utilize it, people! I don't want to be some tractor trailers hood ornament because I ran out of on ramp real estate at 40 mph.

I also hate cell phone douches. I used to work as a bartender and people and their cell phones pissed me off like no other. Especially when they would give you the "hold on" finger. Just the "hold on" finger was bad enough, but if they made an annoyed or stern face while holding up there finger, it made it that much worse. Listen buddy, you walked up to the bar, I'm assuming you want something so don't pretend like I'm the one doing something wrong if I interrupt your conversation.

I actually saw a guy at the barber shop do this a couple weeks ago. He was getting his hair cut and he made the barber stop three different times so he could take calls. The crappy part is that the place was full. There were only two barbers and about an hour wait and this guy is pulling that crap. I thought the barber was going to put his clippers through his retina.

So yeah, those are my two most notable peeves. I have other ones, but they're minor. So what gets you going?

Satrina
02-02-2009, 09:34 AM
People who use chat-speak on messageboards. It's not like you are in a hurry or typing on a crappy cellphone keypad. I absolutely love that Elitist Jerks give infractions for that.

Taelas
02-02-2009, 09:39 AM
People who use chat-speak on a computer, period. It's not that much harder to type the last two letters of a three letter word.

Hit Me
02-02-2009, 09:40 AM
People who use chat-speak on messageboards. It's not like you are in a hurry or typing on a crappy cellphone keypad. I absolutely love that Elitist Jerks give infractions for that. It doesn't make me angry like the ones I listed, but it's definitely irritating. I'm kind of a hypocrit though, because I'll throw out the occasional "lol"

When I get bored, I'll sometimes head over to Elitistjerks and read the infraction forum to get a good laugh. They don't play around with grammatical errors.

Kazeyonoma
02-02-2009, 10:33 AM
I agree that chat-speak has it's limits with me as well AND the cell-phone douches (I've gotten run off the freeway by someone on their cell phone on the highway because he didn't bother to check his blindspot). My only problem with implementing chat-speak bans are distinguishing between a chat-speaker, or an international who comes to our site.

Alent
02-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Players who give 60% and get loot.

especially because some of them, you can never tell if they're giving 60% or 100% until after they get the loot and ~still suck~.

Man▀earpig
02-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Keyboard turners...enough said.

Hit Me
02-02-2009, 12:06 PM

especially because some of them, you can never tell if they're giving 60% or 100% until after they get the loot and ~still suck~. If they're capable of being better, but they're content with sucking, then I would get a little annoyed. If they were trying their asses off and just sucked, I wouldn't be too critical. We can't all be pros, after all.

kolben
02-02-2009, 12:25 PM
People who smack when they eat, or just make excessive noise aside from talking while eating.

People who are real chatty early in the morning. Something about it, don't even know why but it bugs the hell out of me.

The entire auto sales experience when you go to buy a new car or truck. If there was ever someone I wanted pop in the chops just for the hells sake I probably ran into them while looking at a new truck.

Meeting Masters. Those people at your company or office that spend their entire day going to a meeting, coming from a meeting, in a meeting, or finding more ways to have meetings. FFS do some work.

My only WoW pet peeve is that some people are pretty conceited and not at all realistic about their contribution to the group. Everyone's a hero on paper.

Hit Me
02-02-2009, 12:31 PM
People who smack when they eat, or just make excessive noise aside from talking while eating.

People who are real chatty early in the morning. Something about it, don't even know why but it bugs the hell out of me.

The entire auto sales experience when you go to buy a new car or truck. If there was ever someone I wanted pop in the chops just for the hells sake I probably ran into them while looking at a new truck. no offense to anyone who works in that industry that might be reading :P

Meeting Masters. Those people at your company or office that spend their entire day going to a meeting, coming from a meeting, in a meeting, or finding more ways to have meetings. FFS do some work.

My only WoW pet peeve is that some people are pretty conceited and not at all realistic about their contribution to the group, for no particular good reason. Everyone's a hero on paper.
The last one made me laugh. We have an attorney here who constantly has hearings. I know that he really just goes home to watch the View in his underwear while eating ice cream straight out of the tub. Nobody and I mean nobody has as many hearings as this guy leaves for.

Paramount
02-02-2009, 12:36 PM

especially because some of them, you can never tell if they're giving 60% or 100% until after they get the loot and ~still suck~.

Reminds me of our first KT kill....we brought a mage in for just KT.

This mage died the first few seconds of the fight to a void zone (lag apparently) and ended up getting a tier 7 hat over my brother the resto druid who happens to be co-GM of the guild we lead.

That gets me.

Jalousie
02-03-2009, 05:35 AM
Any kind of bad manners. Seriously. Not saying please and thank you, talking loudly or playing music on the bus, shoving, letting doors close on people, having no table manners. It's totally unnecessary and makes me automatically dislike someone.

Inexplicable computer problems.

When something I'm baking refuses to rise for no reason.

The British postal service.

Horacio
02-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Going to a nice resteraunt and sitting near people in T-shirts, holey jeans, talking loudly, maybe using a cell phone. I mean...Ruth's freaking Chris steakhouse, right? Teenager with flipflops, backwards cap.....grr...I dressed up (and I hate dressing up), got a babysitter and want a 'nice' dinner.

In game:

"Gratz me" anyone who has to show off anything. "Omg, good bye [old item], hello [new item]" Umm good for you. We have 500 characters in guild, its getting old. This is always worst at expansion time.

Oh, I don't like the leet speak but to me, lolcats is worse.

OMG Hai2U!
LOLOLOLOL
OMG, I CAN HAS PAI?!?
"LAWL, U can has mah pai, kk?
LOLOL OMG! MIKE~!<3<3
Mike: OMG WHAR>!?
LAWL

This makes me want to hurt people.

Tatt
02-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Horacio - the dressing up for a nice restaurant is a Texas thing, I managed a 5 star restaurant in Rockport Texas that was tie and jacket....unless you were in fishing gear...yeah..

Kolben I work in auto sales, curious as to what made you so angry about the experience?