PDA

View Full Version : TankSpot's Aquaria Gameplay Video

Ciderhelm
02-02-2009, 05:19 AM
TNSepebwcN8

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)
TNSepebwcN8

It's a strange story that led me to picking up this game. Satrina mentioned mouse gestures a couple days ago in the Donor forums and I was unaware of what they were, so I started learning how to make use of them. At the same time, Lore and I were looking for a game to start playing, so I checked out Steam. I had glanced at Aquaria in the past but ignored it on the basis that it was a 2d game.

This time, I gave Aquaria enough of a chance to check out a review on it, and in the header for the review it made mention of a good use of mouse gestures. I figured, hey, it's only $20, I'll give it a try.

I am in love with this game.

The bottom line: This game should be packaged in every gaming mouse, the way 3d games are packaged with video cards. This is so much fun to control and so much fun to play.

The story, voice acting, music, and artwork are all top-notch. While they are all very solid in for a modern game (this was produced in late '07), they also remind me a lot of the old console games like Super Metroid, Castlevania, and Final Fantasy.

The game is not simple nor is it mindless, at least so far as I've completed. It's intellectually challenging and it does require you be quick (there are painful consequences to mistakes on many fights, as you can see in my battle w/ the Nautilus).

The game was made by two people in a small venture named bit-blot (http://www.bit-blot.com/). If you're interested, I'd suggest supporting their work and purchasing the game on Steam. :)

Ciderhelm
02-02-2009, 06:20 AM
Updated w/ actual text!