PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Thaddius damage?

nessin
02-01-2009, 11:40 PM
We've been having a problem with people blowing up the raid on Thaddius, and we can't find a reliable way to determine who is doing it on 25-man (too many people to look at them individually). Does anyone know of some method to determine who is blowing up the raid via anything but trying to see who has a blue aura in a sea of red, or vice versa?

Gordonoth
02-01-2009, 11:46 PM
i have not checked this but perhaps the combat log would be a good place to look. on alot of "friendly fire" fights it will apear as a spell caast by the player:
IE: "gordonoth's explosion deals xxxx damage to xxxxx"
like i said this is a general rule ive found on such fights, however it may not work on Thadius and it will require alot of scrolling back, but its worth a look =D

nessin
02-02-2009, 12:23 AM
i have not checked this but perhaps the combat log would be a good place to look. on alot of "friendly fire" fights it will apear as a spell caast by the player:
IE: "gordonoth's explosion deals xxxx damage to xxxxx"
like i said this is a general rule ive found on such fights, however it may not work on Thadius and it will require alot of scrolling back, but its worth a look =D

Unfortunately that doesn't work because not only does damage come from the player who screwed up, but it also comes from the people who are in position blasting the person out of position.

dawnrose
02-02-2009, 04:59 AM
You can pretty much count though, that the people on top of that list blew the raid up. People that were in the right position tend to have a lot less friendly fire damage done.

orcstar
02-02-2009, 05:02 AM
Mostly the people dead are the ones in the wrong position. They damage single player but get damaged (and die) by the rest.

On the other hand, we've once had a tank killing 4 people because he was spam healed and in the wrong position.......

Fayre
02-02-2009, 08:02 AM
There's an addon called FailBot (available from Curse I think) that will help with this. It checks the combatlog in real time and when someone is zapped by three opposite charges at once, it outputs a message to /ra. It also does various other messages. You might want to change the messages to more 'friendly' versions (quite easy to do in the lua) but it should give you what you're looking for at least :)