PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Eye of Eternity Minor Issues

Lyco
02-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Hello Tankspot community,

Atm our guild is having minor issues with downing Malygos, and i'd like to hear some oppinions on the tactics we use.

First off, our main problems: Deaths in Phase 2, Deaths in Phase 3.
Our setup: 2 tanks ( twice the shield reflects ), 5 healers, rest dps.

Phase 1 goes superbly, sparks get stacked, everyone is healed, and so forth.

Phase 2 goes...worse. We usually lose 3 to 4 people. Personally I feel this is due to players not running fast enough ( both tanks, in diff partys, make sure to use reflect during the run from bubble to bubble for maximum safety )

Phase 3: the real issue. what we do is, 3 healerdrakes, all 3 marked.
We strafe to the right non-stop ( this is avoid getting suddenly nuked ). When we encounter a storm, we go left. usually there's a safe spot in between.

We are losing players due to not hugging properly ( this is offcourse trainable )

What I would like to know, what setup ( and specifically how many healers ) do you run with. And what's the general tactic you use on P3?

We've gotten him to around 5%, but I'd like to tune the run to perfection.
It's also alot of players that are simply not trained enough ( and tbh we have not tried him alot yet:) ), so that's also something that might just take time.

Thanks in advance for the replies;)

-Lyco

Porcini
02-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Make sure that everyone understands how to DPS properly in phase 3. There's an addon called Malygos helper that will monitor debuff stacks and will help you to diagnose who is letting their stack fall off. Once you're confidant that everyone can perform the rotation correctly without losing dps, phase 3 becomes trivial.

Two tanks are a bit unnecessary as well... you'd do better to take another healer or dps. Just ensure that noone is attacking the lords at the beginning of phase 2, until your tank firmly has aggro on all of them.

Lyco
02-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the headups on that malygos addon. At the moment we have 5 people capable of 15 to 20 stacks ( great players ). But others fall behind at 5ish.
I assume the 3 healers in P3 are correct then?

Well, the aggro is not a problem on the ground. People die from bolts during and near the end of P2.

But I guess that's a Healer issue. Thanks for taking the time to reply!:)

Lyco
02-05-2009, 04:05 AM
We downed him! I must say the malygos helper was a great idea, thank you.
We ran malygos 10 with 3 teams first, using the addon we could see who's unable to perform normally.

We then replaced those players. We killed him in 2 tries.
Setup was still including 2 protection warriors with spellreflect though, to protect the clothies.

But once again ty for the information.

Porcini
02-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Grats Lyco, glad that was helpful! :)