PDA

View Full Version : Watch Him Die

Cloud8690
01-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Any full-proof strategy for this achievement? I know there use to be a bugged spot for your healer to stand to make it a lot easier, but that was patched. So any help?

deimos
02-02-2009, 01:01 AM
bring 2 tanks.
one will take all watchers ,
when all trash mobs are dead and only wathers and boss are alive, shieldwal and run with watchers to entrance, you will die there, but it should buy enough time to rest od the party safely kill boss.

2 hours of wipefest with one tank
first try with ľ tanks

Dredd
02-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Two tanks or a sacrificial ret pally or mage have worked fine for me also. I've had the easiest time using a DK or a retadin for it.

Charge in, don't use any AoE type abilities, once the mobs are bunched up on you, have your kiter throw down some AoE (DnD, consecrate+holywrath, or flamestrike,etc) and then start kiting the mobs back towards the entrance. Meanwhile, burn down the boss as fast as you possibly can. He'll usually mindflay right after he makes the ground shake. If you're a warrior, you can reflect that back onto him for significant damage. You'll want to blow all your cooldowns to stay alive during the fight, and DPS will want to blow theirs to kill the boss before the mobs make it back (your kiter is probably dead by now). After the boss dies, the mobs all come back and kill you.

It's pretty easy if you plan on doing it suicide style.

Muffin Man
02-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but why does the add tank have to die?

What I mean is, can't he tank them some place where the healer can keep tanks both up? Is the damage too high for this, or is there some mechanic on the watchers that you want them far far away?

Lilie
02-02-2009, 02:12 PM
They each have ridiculous abilities like a poison, blind, and web wraps. If you are in range of these mobs your group will get harrassed to no end.

Niian
02-03-2009, 12:27 AM
After a few different tries I found the best way to do this is a complete zerg rush.

Group setup
Prot Paladin (me! :D)
Ret Paladin
DK (unsure of spec, dual wield atleast)
Feral Druid
Holy Priest

I started off by marking up the two Skirmishers. You want these two mobs out of the way ASAP, for as long as possible. I used turn evil on the left hand Skirmisher and the other paladin took the second Skirmisher after I had feared.
As soon as the fear went off I ran straight into the boss and dropped consecrate. Fearing one add didn't agro all 3 packs, so the ret pally had to wait for me to agro everything before she feared.

Once everything was in or close enough to the consecrate I used Holy Wrath. At the same time the DPS started hammering the boss, using all their CD's and doing as much damage as possible. 3 seconds later the ret pally popped off another Holy Wrath.
At one point the DK died from aggroing something (not the boss), but we managed to burn the boss down before anyone else died, me using Divine Protection but no Lay on Hands.

Boss dead, achievement earned we then all got raped by the mobs :D

This kind of sums it up:
http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Earael01/Funny/fucking%20zerg%20rush.jpg

pyo
02-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Did this pretty easily with a setup of 1 tank + 3dps + 1 happy kitter.

We had a boomkin kite the 3 packs to the entrance by letting her aoe 2 of the packts and have a hunter MD the other pack to her. Then she popt Starfall to get more agro on the packt. Then she would run to the entrance and try to survive for as long as possible and then die.

Meanwhile I just charge the boss. Pop cd and we dps the boss down. We didint have Hero/Bloodlust on the try but it would help ofc.

hvidgaard
02-03-2009, 04:38 AM
it's not really needed with kiting, and it is certianly more joyable to do it without ^^ I can give a few tips

Druid healer, the hots keep rolling during blinds and wraps
Shaman of some kind, Heroism/BL and help remove poisons
Ret Paladins and Warlocks both got an AoE stuns which is wastly helpful

UWSkeletor
02-03-2009, 07:44 AM
I've done it twice with a few groups but this is what we did with a warrior Tank (me), and we also had either a DK dps or Fury warrior dps
1) Killed the adds for the first 2 watchers like normal.
2) Once we got to the 3rd watcher's groups, I charge in, get aggro on them all with a TC. Then I shockwave them all and kite to the entrance.
3) Once I get to the entrance there's usually time for another shockwave, maybe a conc blow for guys out of shockwave range, shield wall, last stand, enraged regeneration,etc.
4) Meanwhile the DK or Fury Warrior is dps tanking the boss while he gets burned down.

We found this way worked the best for us. We tried tanking all 3 watchers but it was just too much. We also tried numerous times to do that ledge thing when you could and we could never get that to work.

Dhalphir
02-09-2009, 06:51 PM
I found the easiest way to do it is to zerg rush the whole pack. Don't worry with fears and kiting and CC and nonsense, just blow a lust and zerg the boss down.

You really need a shaman, for poison cleansing totem, you will take too much damage otherwise.

A holy paladin makes a great healer for this, because while zerging the boss down, the Watcher who starts off on the right hand side will get to do at least one of his AOE blind abilities, and bubbling that ability is the only way to get out of it. You can't bubble once you've BEEN blinded by it, so you have to anticipate when he will use it and preemptively bubble. I managed to do that successfully when healing my group through it.

Alent
02-09-2009, 06:55 PM
we got it pretty easy... You just need one paladin any spec, but prot w/ 4 Pc T7 is best. Shaman will help but not manditory if your DPS can deliver.

Basically, to start with, we had our DK DPS tank it. He, our healer, And two DPS waited in the back corner by the pond, and I grabbed All 3 watcher groups, starting with an avenger's shield on the shadowcaster... then bolted for the entrance, and stopped about halfway up to it. (Right at the "top" of the window that lets you preview the watcher)

When they all got me down to about 20%, I bubbled, and started spamming holy light (with righteous fury up) for all I was worth. when they got down to the entrance of the cave, I cancelled divine shield, they all came back for me, and the boss died about the same time I did. We all got the achievement. We tried interrupting the disorient, poison cleansing totem for the aoe poison, etc... but really, the kiting thing just makes it work smooth.

Onyxspear
02-11-2009, 11:51 AM
This achievement is super easy.

I did it with:

Myself ( DK tank )
DK DPS
RET pally
Disc priest
Holy Pally

NOTE: the above was NOT the best group to do this with =)

Holy pally face pulled ALL the adds, dropped a concerate and stunned them all while running like a bat out of hell for the instance entrance, AS soon as he had aggro I engaged the boss, and we had about 35 seconds of uninterupted DPS time, then the adds caught him, killed him, and came and killed us =)

But we got it.

We probably would have survived but our holy paladin was laughing so hard over vent we weren't paying attention to the returning adds and they bent our disc priest over and had their way with him.

Cloud8690
02-12-2009, 01:36 PM
So I just did this today.

Group Comp:
Holy priest
Balance druid
Survival Hunter
Blood DK
Prot warrior ( me )

We had the DK throw on some tank gear to tank the boss. I did a heroic throw to one watcher, taunted another, hunter MD'd the last one to me. Thudnerclap + shockwave and ran the hell out. When they got back to me, I popped my CDs and stunned them again, then they killed me. When they got back to the boss, the priest popped Divine Hymn's to incapacitate them and killed the boss, then they died :D

Molohk
02-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Grats!

tehgreen
02-13-2009, 06:15 AM
zerg + blust

aoe stuns, shield wall, aoe fear etc, but basically blust.

kaegan
02-13-2009, 03:13 PM
We used an interesting strategy on this:

one tank, prot warrior
one healer, resto shaman
three dps: ret paladin, death knight, boomkin.

Ret paladin bubbles and pulls all three groups over to the boomkin.
The boomkin drops starfall to gain aggro on all the mobs, then shifts to cat form and dashes towards the entrance.

The boss died right as the rest of the mobs returned to us after killing the poor druid.

Gorbachop
02-19-2009, 01:13 AM
When I did this after the patch where they fixed a bunch of the little cheats for the heroic achievements my group was me (prot warrior), DK DPS, Mage, Resto shaman and holy pally. We did this the proper way pulling each group individually and killing the skirmishers, shadowcasters and warriors but leaving the watchers alive. Shaman kept poison cleansing totem down and both healers kept the disease off me. We had 2 healers because of the aoe blind, if someone resists they automatically get killed which was usually our healer. On the kill no one died. We tried kiting with a hunter for about 45 minutes before having the hunter switch to her resto shaman and got it in two shots like that.

traysurfer
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM
We used the 1 person kite the rest of the mobs and zerg the boss method.

Our group

1 Tank - Prot warrior
1 Healer - Resto Druid
3 DPS - Elemental shaman, DK, Fury warrior

The healer put rejuiv, regrowth, and 3 liveblooms on me so that when I did start to take damage, they would get aggro. They then hurricaned the middle of 2 groups to get aggro on them and moonfired the 3d, popped catform and ran toward the entrance.

Rest of us went into the boss, popped heroism and zerged away. I still had to sheild wall to make sure I lived cause we had one of the adds that didnt go with the healer but by the time they kiled the healer and came back the boss was dead.

Took us probably 3-4 attempts with the zerg method

Grawr
02-19-2009, 09:57 PM
We did the kiter way. Boomkin Starfall'd (I think) to aggro everything, I taunted boss and the drood ran off to the entrance. Popped a lust and we just barely got the boss down - healer died soon as the adds came back and the boss was still at about 20% I think. Hahah messy.

Whitegold
03-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Just out of curiosity, this "kite and zerg" method.. is this being done on it in normal mode, or in Heroic? Is it even possible in heroic?

edit: Ignore me, it has to be done in heroic. I'm just stupid. But I am curious, does anyone know if warrior's intimidating shout will work for this? Thinking of using the (apparently often successful) strategy of just charging in and popping every cooldown and tanking the lot while obliterating the boss. Something like Intimidating Shout would give at least a few seconds of relief...

edit 2: btw, I don't actually care about the achievement itself, I'm just sick of getting stuck at this boss :D

Meeks
03-03-2009, 10:58 PM
They way I did it was our druid tank charged in straight to the boss. Shaman popped lust and I healed for all I was worth while everyone burned. We killed the boss easy and then got overwhelmed by adds but got achievement so the death was worth it. PvP trinkets are nice to have too.

Tailsz
03-06-2009, 05:37 AM
Is the kite strategy still legit?

I tried this the other day (maybe a week ago at most) and when the kiter got to the entrance the boss was at about half. As soon as the kiter died, the boss disappears and the encounter resets.

So either this has been patched and you are suppose to RNG zerg your way to the achievement or its because none of my group was touching any of the mobs initially except the kiter.

Group Comp:
Boomkin (kiter)
Feral tank (me)
Holy Paly
Ret Pally
Rogue

Tried kiting 3-4 times with the exact same result each time. Frustrating since its my very last "hard" achievement needed for my mount.

Aethraen
03-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Is the kite strategy still legit?

Group Comp:
Boomkin (kiter)
Feral tank (me)
Holy Paly
Ret Pally
Rogue

The kite strat is still legit. The easiest way with *that* group set up would be if you pull the individual groups, kill the two adds and keep the Watchers alive. Keep in mind the Watchers can be stunned, so you could effectively have the Ret Paladin taunt the 3 Watchers off you (Righteous Defense), stun them (Holy Wrath), then book it towards the entrance. En route he has LoH and can bubble them off himself (Once they're near the entrance) and break the bubble after a while to get them to come back. Probably even stun them again.

This method is virtually foolproof with a decent composition. When I got it one of our DPS died, had time to run back inside, back out since he was facing the wrong way (Kiter died as he was zoning out again), zone back in, sprint past the Watchers and help finish the boss off.

I'm not sure if being able to zone in on that boss is a bug or not, but he did it

jackdhammer
03-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Not sure if they made this easier to do or what but we did this second try with a funky group that wasn't geared to the teeth.

Group
Holy Pally
Holy Priest
DPS druid (not boomkin, the melee one)
Warlock
Prot War
We are all in heroic gear with some 10 man nax. I am probably the most geared in the group. (holy Priest)

We had the lock lifetap so he started with like 60% health, The tank rushed in the pally threw a big heal on the lock and ran away, everything followed the pally we all DPS'd threw some heals, GS and the tank blew his cooldows so I could DPS too. We killed it with time to spare before the rest of the mobs returned. Just a note that druid is usually our off tank so he was using a mix of off spec and tank gear.

Alent
03-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Just out of curiosity, this "kite and zerg" method.. is this being done on it in normal mode, or in Heroic? Is it even possible in heroic?

edit: Ignore me, it has to be done in heroic. I'm just stupid. But I am curious, does anyone know if warrior's intimidating shout will work for this? Thinking of using the (apparently often successful) strategy of just charging in and popping every cooldown and tanking the lot while obliterating the boss. Something like Intimidating Shout would give at least a few seconds of relief...

edit 2: btw, I don't actually care about the achievement itself, I'm just sick of getting stuck at this boss :D

I should think intimidating shout would not work. They're all undead.

Garbid
03-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Done this twice now with pure zerg tactics.

1s try we had two retri paladins repentaced the skirmisher on the pull (fear or shackle works too), then blew bloodlust/heroism and burned him down. Holy pala healing with beacon on himself and ready to bubble (he tanks the caster but they don't hit too hard). Boss died before blind happened. Didn't even wiped once, got it first try.

Second time we had hunter freezing 1 skirmisher and disc priest shackle the other, then burned the boss before blind. Binding heal ftw cause of the casters. This time it took quite a few tries with the priest pre-healing usually or slow shackle so my glyphed extra radius thunderclap broke it :( Multi-shot broke shackle once too o_O Disc priest has no hit so shackle broke of it's own twice. And all those times the healer got raped followed by a painful wipe.

Garbid
03-12-2009, 03:25 AM
Just did this again last night without CC this time. Pulled first grp and killed small adds. Waited for second grp and killed small adds again. Then charged and pulled last grp+boss and bloodlusted. Two deaths, so not even a wipe :) But called for a load of emergency buttons, healthstone from earlier raid, pot, shieldwall and basically everything I could think of. And got lucky also cause when the blind hit I had my Shieldwall up.

marklar
03-27-2009, 02:09 PM
this achievement is very difficult. i finally pulled it off after trying most of the methods described here. final group make up was DK (dps), boomkin, mage, priest, prot warrior (me) - all very well geared.

we tried the zerk everything method, which was a major failure for us. web wraps, party-wide blinds, skirmishers running amok, etc.

tried sending the moonkin into bear form and agro + run, but he couldn't live nearly long enough, and it left us 1 dps short.

tried pulling groups and killing small adds, but the big guys just cause too much chaos.

final strategy was for me to pull the room and run, then let the dps DK tank and everyone else zerk the boss. had the druid parked in the tunnel in stealthed kitty form to start.
-bloodrage + armor potion
-shoot leftmost caster, heroic throw (for silence) rightmost caster, taunt middle watcher
-intervene druid, charge a spider (macro'd), red rabbit run boost
-turn around just before the entrance, pop shield block and spam spell reflect & stuns
-at ~50% health, pop last stand + enraged regen
-next time at 50%, pop shield wall + health potion

after a few tries at this, i managed to die almost exactly when the boss went down and we got it. i don't think this one can be done with average gear.

Evilhoof
03-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Tried this with a few setups, the one tac that worked for us was having a lock make his portal thingie - grab most adds and "beam" away and run toward entrance. While we dealt with the boss and a few adds.

Not pretty, but it worked :-)

vaagen
11-01-2009, 07:13 AM
thanks for this our group spent forever trying to do it
our group was
human dk tank 39999hp buffed
human dk dps (me) 3.5/7k dps
dwarf hunter 3k
human mage (web duty)
nelf resto druid

what we found usefull is when we pulled each watcher and killed the two adds then pulled the second watcher and repeat
we then went ape s*** on the boss while the druid was despelling poisons and mage was breaking webs after half a hour we gave up but if the hunter was competent at his sppec we woulda got it done
note for dks aod is not a good idea for this fight the taunt watchers around the boss and make it harder for the group to avoid killing one

11-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Did this with:
Tank: Prot warrior ~34k hp unbuffed (Me)
1 Elemental Shaman ~4.5k Dps
1 Frostfire mage ~4k Dps
1 Boomkin ~5.5k dps
1 Holy priest with 2400 Spell Power

The tank charges in using last stand and enraged regeneration on the pull, and right after the first thunderclap, Shaman lusts. About 15 seconds in, tank will pop shield wall because ~17 seconds in he will get webbed for 10 seconds and will be unable to avoid any incoming damage. Boss should be dead in less than 30 seconds. Did this in 1 shot, downside is that you wipe afterward due to poisons and the adds that randomly aggro to any party member.

Chika
11-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Just did this the other night. No kites no zerg.

Me--warrior tank
Ret pally---5k dps
Shammy---4kdps
Mage---1800dps
Druid--heals

We tried three times to do the zerg method all turned out to be wipes.(heals webbed or myelf webbed and i was having trouble holding agro on 10 mobs with dps going crazy)

What we did was pull the first group kill the little guys pulled second and did same third was a repeat. So now I had the three watchers and the boss. Popped hero burned the boss then the other guys. No deaths and done on the first try. The mage was our lowest dpser so we had her on anyone that got web wrapped. We also had a cleansing totem down to help with piosons. One thing to watch with this strat is the watchers were at 15-20% due to incidental aoe when he died so you have to make sure you don't accidentally kill one of them. This is also doable without the shammy (my GL did it the night bofore without one) the sham just makes it easier.

Ulosthegame
11-21-2009, 06:43 AM
I did this with:
Tank:Blood DK
Healer:Resto Shaman
dps: Ret pally
dps:Arms Warrior
dps:Shadow Priest

We pulled the trash groups one at a time, killed the trash, I kept tanking the watcher and immediately pulled the next group, killed it's trash, until it was all three watchers and the boss left, nuke the boss, kill the watchers, win. I tanked all four just fine.

It took a few tries to get everyone to see how we were doing it, ( 2 or 3) and then we got it fine.

Mert
11-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Charge in, don't use any AoE type abilities, once the mobs are bunched up on you, have your kiter throw down some AoE (DnD, consecrate+holywrath, or flamestrike,etc) and then start kiting the mobs back towards the entrance. Meanwhile, burn down the boss as fast as you possibly can. He'll usually mindflay right after he makes the ground shake. If you're a warrior, you can reflect that back onto him for significant damage. You'll want to blow all your cooldowns to stay alive during the fight, and DPS will want to blow theirs to kill the boss before the mobs make it back (your kiter is probably dead by now). After the boss dies, the mobs all come back and kill you.

This is pretty much the way we did it - I (Prot Paladin) picked up the adds and the boss and the DK tank taunted the boss from me - nobody used anything with an AoE component and the DK blew his tanking cooldowns to avoid the healer putting out too much healing threat.

I then ran for all I'm worth back to the entrance and tanked them as long as I could with trinket cooldowns, Lay on Hands, etc. When it looked like I was about to die I bubbled and they released aggro and ran back toward the boss room - the boss died while they were in transit :)

Tagmonkey
11-26-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm not sure how anyone is having any difficulty whatsoever with our current gear levels.

I did this a month or two ago with the stand 5-man group.

Prot Pally
Disc Priest
Enhance Shammy
Feral Druid
Blood DK

I open the pull with AS on the boss, HotR then Holy Wrath + Consecrate and let the DPS lay it on him. Pop your defensive cool downs and have the DPS pop their offensive cool downs. Our kill took 13 seconds or something. Easily zergable, no kiting involved.

EDIT: We didn't even wipe, we were able to control the adds afterwards as well.

Oblivion
11-27-2009, 05:11 AM
I used the method of Mert. It seemed the most full-proof way of doing it(though admittedly I hadn't done it since I was in Nax10 gear so I'm pretty certain with ToC25 gear it's easily handled without a kite).

Typically, I was protadin and I'd pull the adds and drag them to the entrance, as soon as I was clear, the group would grab the boss(generally a DPS DK or Retadin DPS tanking the boss) and I'd keep myself alive basically until the boss died, at which point I'd usually go down myself.