PDA

View Full Version : Best in Slot - 10 Man/Heros Only

Lorvak
01-31-2009, 02:01 PM
So I've been piecing together my Tanking set, started with a lot of crafted, finally got a few heroic drops, and been working on my Naxx drops...but started wondering what the best in slot items are for Warriors who can only run 10 mans and heroics.

A lot of items seem to be so close, with only a marginal difference. With all the gems and chants available, and with bouncing so close to the def minimums, I've wondered what the best gear set would be.

Also, I realize it doesn't really matter right now, as almost everything is tankable with a smattering of Heroic/Naxx gear...but just wanting your opinions for each slot.

*Assuming Boss Tanking Set - General Use Meaning that it could be used on almost every boss* Also using only drops from heroics and 10 Mans or crafted*

My armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malygos&n=Lorvak)

Please incluse your gem selections as well for gear that can be gemmed. No profession only enchants/enhancments.

Head:
Enchant:
Meta:

Neck:

Shoulder:
Enchant:

Chest:
Enchant:

Bracer:
Enchant:

Gloves:
Enchant:

Belt:
Enchant: Belt Buckle

Legs:
Enchant: 55 Stam/22 Agility

Boots:
Enchant:

Back:
Enchant:

Ring 1:
Ring 2:

Trinket 1:
Trinket 2:

Weapon:
Enchant:

Shield:
Enchant:

Gun:

Avyla
02-04-2009, 11:29 AM
I hate to disappoint, but I don't think there is such a thing right now. If you use the elitist jerks spreadsheet, you'll find that even a slight tweak to how you value different stats will move pieces around the top 3-4 spots. "Best" is just too relative in this tier of gearing. Get used to having to gem and enchant up multiple pieces for the same slot. :)

To give you an idea, I carry 5 trinkets (EoG, VMofW, Lavanthor's, and Seal of Pantheon and the Mirror) 2 gloves, 2 sets of legs, 3 sets of boots, 2 shoulders, 2 chest pieces, 3 necks, 2 belts, 3 weapons, 2 shields.

And that's not counting my DPS gear... 20 slot bags are your friend in this expansion...

Just keep in mind that by mixing and matching you can raise your surviability at the expense of dps/threat. To be the best tank possible, I think you really need to be able to adjust that ratio on the fly.

loquatious
02-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Dont worry about it - drops are random if it drops in a heroic or 10 man naxx it should be fairly equivalent and chances are each item has its pro's and cons. Just use your best judgement in deciding whether item a or item b is better for you.

orlastud
02-04-2009, 12:40 PM
I can tell you the Gun that you want right now is Armor Plated Combat Shotgun - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41168)

As a warrior, that's the only ranged item that is acceptable for you, even at the 25 man level

greendragonempire
02-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Most same tier gear are sidegrades so just make sure you hit def min, exp min, and then work on your sbv.

Oh and make sure you get the gear that looks better.