PDA

View Full Version : Non-Ideal Raid Comp

Lain
01-30-2009, 04:29 AM
I have just recently gotten my guild to the point where we can do 25 mans... The server we are on is tiny tiny tiny and we have had issues finding people that aren't total fail so we have just recently started to realize that our raid composition makes for some interesting fights where for example we have one priest and we ping pong razuvious with holy palliy taunts, hunters distracting shots and warrior taunt at range into intervene to kite him around while the shield wall is down for the one dude we can MC...

While its possible to overcome the lack of a pair of priests I have been stuck thinking its hopeless to do it without one at all. I would love to see the strats for that one... like faerlina even if you had a rotation for bubble taunts and shield walls and talented/glyphed everything for lowest CD I cant see a way to do it unless you want to bring an army of pallies or prot warriors. Same goes for Raz but with him its even more hopeless but we have yet to try just kiting him around the whole time instead of just for 10 secs every 30

Also I was curious how people space the melee on kel thuzad if you had like 8 melee dps or more... we roll with the warrior legion so I was thinking to stack the melee up on each other and burst heal them as groups but thats just theory right now

Any tips or tricks to dealing with bosses with strange raid comps or stories about them are welcome... I personally I like the idea of melee dps carrying the raid... but its so not ideal most times

Shortypop
01-30-2009, 05:08 AM
Faer is possible to do without any priests, here's how we do the achievement and how we did it last night given we only had two tanks. Note: We have killed KT four times, so we outgear Faerlina, but this should still be do-able.

Last night went like this - 2 warrior tanks. OT charges in and picks up all adds. MT taunts Faerlina and stack them all up fairly close to one another (the ret pallys complained about the silence from the charging mobs, but oh well). For first enrage - a rotation of pain suppression (yeah, we had priests with us); shield wall; last stand (obviously with maximum debuffs up on boss for hit, speed and ap). Then once they are finished, the MT challenging shouts, the OT, taunts Faerlina and in theory runs through shield wall and last stand - although I didn't actually need to. Speak to your healers and see what emergency skills they have to help out.

Heroism, misds (if threat is an issue) and maximum dps all help. If you've three tanks, then tank Faer away from the trash is easier to avoid some of the charging mobs.

Afraid I can't help with Raz or KT, we've ended up being low on melee recently, but hopefully someone can give you some ideas.

Muryou
01-31-2009, 09:00 PM
I have just recently gotten my guild to the point where we can do 25 mans... The server we are on is tiny tiny tiny and we have had issues finding people that aren't total fail so we have just recently started to realize that our raid composition makes for some interesting fights where for example we have one priest and we ping pong razuvious with holy palliy taunts, hunters distracting shots and warrior taunt at range into intervene to kite him around while the shield wall is down for the one dude we can MC...

While its possible to overcome the lack of a pair of priests I have been stuck thinking its hopeless to do it without one at all. I would love to see the strats for that one... like faerlina even if you had a rotation for bubble taunts and shield walls and talented/glyphed everything for lowest CD I cant see a way to do it unless you want to bring an army of pallies or prot warriors. Same goes for Raz but with him its even more hopeless but we have yet to try just kiting him around the whole time instead of just for 10 secs every 30

Also I was curious how people space the melee on kel thuzad if you had like 8 melee dps or more... we roll with the warrior legion so I was thinking to stack the melee up on each other and burst heal them as groups but thats just theory right now

Any tips or tricks to dealing with bosses with strange raid comps or stories about them are welcome... I personally I like the idea of melee dps carrying the raid... but its so not ideal most times

Weve run like 9-10 melee in one of our raids, its fairly simple and you cant garauntee losing noone but just make sure all your aoe healers are in range of the melee group and have all of them stack up directly behind kt and everyone cast wild growth, coh, chain heal or whatever else they can. eventually youll lose a few melee dps but its not so bad. if you tank kt in the middle of the room you can break them into two groups and form a triangle around him, just make sure everyone sits at the maximum range possible.

Idk what to say about raz. If he drops one disciple and Mc's another wont the taunt/shield on that one be off of cooldown? If it is you should be able to bounce raz around for the ~10 secs itd take to swap targets.

We always do the achievement for faerlina, just aoe down the adds and tank her as usual. from personal experience bear tanking or paladin tanking seems to work the best. Pallies seem to take less damage due to avoidance and bears are less prone to getting gibbed due to high hp/armor/shorter cooldowns/dodge streaks