PDA

View Full Version : Quick Sarth+Tenebron question

Batman
01-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Hey guys, I've lurked a little bit and I've watched the Project Marmot videos all fives times each. Obsidian Sanctum 10/25 is pretty much cake without any drakes up as we all know and so I've been reviewing strategies and videos of starting 1 drake up.

I've tanked Sartharion with Tenebron up before, but it was PuG that I was invited to where everyone was very well geared and skilled. That's great for loot but for trying to learn the fight is a pretty tough when you get a fat dragon blocking your view of much of the fight. The druid tanked Tenebron and kept the whelps all clustered together and it went like clockwork.

So my question, which is turning out to not be so quick, is if you guys believe that I have enough to gear/stats to tank both Sartharion and Tenebron while an OT would pick up the the whelps and elementals. Also any advice or experienced with a drake up would good.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&n=B%C3%A5tman)

Lyco
01-29-2009, 04:40 PM
With 1 drake up it might be possible, but a better solution would be taking 3 tanks.

Sarth + Tenebron togheter might cause to much damage. Depends on wether or not your healers can keep up, still, just get 3 tanks:P

sevve
01-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Tanking Tenebron and Sartharion at the same time is a poor solution, because of Tenebron's little hitbox.
Most importantly melee can't hit him without getting the cleave and even flame breaths. Secondly, Tenebron would possibly end up behind you after a few wave dodges.

If you only have two tanks, have the rest of your plate wearers/ferals do blazes and whelps, or even have everyone kill the eggs(we actually did that the first time we did it with one drake).

Akriel
01-30-2009, 05:09 AM
I've gotta agree. Three tanks makes it infinitely easier. As long as your looking at 25 man instead of 10 man... its really no contest to take three. Especially while learning it makes the encounter much less hectic.

Ray
01-30-2009, 06:59 AM
You only need 2 tanks for Sarth 1D if they are good tanks. One tank on Sarth and on tank on tenebron and adds.

The tank on Tene needs to be a DK or Pally so they can pick up the adds too. Just burn hero on Tene to kill him before 2 whelp ports and youll do fine.

Note: You can even do 2 drakes with this method. I wouldnt recommend it, but if you have a really strong tank, it can be done (I did it). Tips are to not use any AoE DPS till Tenebron is dead (IE. living bomb, WW, Divine storm, etc) Kill Tene before Vesp lands, AoE adds, pick up Vesp and continue as normal. Fire adds are not that dangerous with out Shad up. Also, after Tene died, we had a dedicated blaze killer (Enhammy Shammy) and the rest of the DPS burned down Vesp.

Thulldar
01-30-2009, 07:02 AM
For 10-man, you'd probably be fine. For 25-man, take a 3rd tank.

I've tanked both Sarth and Tenebron on 10-man with stats comparable to yours. The hitboxes and positioning really arent a problem, if you've got any experience controlling mobs. Sarth's hitbox is so big he doesn't move, so you can just put Tenebron where you want him.