PDA

View Full Version : Berserking as a viable tanking enchant?

Galadan
01-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Berserking increases AP by 400 and reduces armor by 5% now as of the mini-patch that just came out. I think this would be a decent enchant for tanks as 5% armor is not that much, really. I'm currently sitting at 24,240 armor so that would be a reduction of 1212 armor. I was just curious if the AP gain would be worth the loss in armor. Remember now, AP makes thunderclap, shockwave, concussion blow, and devastate more powerful. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Snugglasaur
01-29-2009, 03:19 PM
you do NOT want to sacrifice 5% armor, as much as it may seem insignificant.

although i don't have the mathiness to show just how much damage that armor accounts for, someone definitely could.

Andenthal
01-29-2009, 03:37 PM
On stuff that doesn't matter, it wouldn't be a big deal (heroics, the softer hitting bosses)
But then again, for those same fights, it's not necessary to maximize your damage output either.

On stuff that does matter (Patchwerk, Malygos), it would hinder more than it helps.

Also remember that if you are speced into Armored to the Teeth, the armor reduction will reduce your AP accordingly. Losing 1212 Armor would reduce your AP from AttT by 60, netting you 340 AP for the loss of 5% armor.

intolerantape
01-29-2009, 04:41 PM
The primary purpose of enchanting and gemming your gear is to make your stats better. You don't want to make your stats worse than they already are. Be mindful of the difference between not enchanting for survival, and actually hampering it.