PDA

View Full Version : Soooo, anyone else have an Xbox then

adrenalize
01-28-2009, 04:18 AM
Alright, so I bought my Xbox about a year ago. And is part of the many reasons my WoW time has shot down.

Anyone else got one, and what are you playing right now?

My gamercard is
Sign In (http://live.xbox.com/en-GB/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=adrenalize24)

Recently been playing Halo 3, got it with my Xbox and never really thought to play it, was a pretty decent story and im enjoying the Multiplayer when I'm not getting totally destroyed by people playing daily since release.

And Fable 2, which was fin, but much like the original, broken in some places.

Klimpen
01-28-2009, 05:37 AM
I have one, though it's headed to the shop in a few.

I've recently been playing Mass Effect, pretty awesome game. Though it has a lot less momentum the second playthrough. I was surprised by how tasteful the sex scene was [lol, sideboob?], especially considering all the hoo-hah about it.

I've also played Fallout3 recently, which I enjoyed a lot. Probably a bit more than Mass Effect, though this is with me having played ~30h of Mass Effect and ~4h of Fallout3. Both games are far above Halo3 in my ranking of game's awesomeness.

adrenalize
01-28-2009, 08:45 AM
I enjoyed Mass effect, but at the same time was massively dissapointed with anything which was off the main quest. I went to all the planets, picked up as much as I could bear to but the fact was, it was dull.

If there is a Mass effect 2 they need to work on the side quests somewhat, and flesh out the planets so that they dont look like the same place with slightly different textures.

On that, I have the bring down the Sky DLC but haven't got into it yet, may try and get that done whilst i am without the internet.

Ohhh, Oblivion, any thoughts?

xKhellendrosx
02-03-2009, 09:13 AM
I enjoyed Mass effect, but at the same time was massively dissapointed with anything which was off the main quest. I went to all the planets, picked up as much as I could bear to but the fact was, it was dull.

If there is a Mass effect 2 they need to work on the side quests somewhat, and flesh out the planets so that they dont look like the same place with slightly different textures.

On that, I have the bring down the Sky DLC but haven't got into it yet, may try and get that done whilst i am without the internet.

Ohhh, Oblivion, any thoughts?

All the extra playthroughs of Mass Effect are really only there for picking up the achievements and getting max level which I believe takes the whole second playthrough to achieve. As you guys have said the side quests are a little meh.

I've been playing Fallout 3 off and on for the past week and I have to say I've loved the game so far, the first time I ran into a super mutant toting a missile launcher I was getting worried. I would say Bethesda (same guys behind Oblivion and Elder Scrolls in general) did a great job with it. Though Deathclaws are freaking OP.

As far as Oblivion goes its a great game, but the "magic runes?" (you get them from the end of the various oblivion gates) can be abused especially the chameleon one, and the game can quickly lose any sense of difficulty when you are completely invisible to people.

Ciderhelm
02-03-2009, 09:14 AM
I love my Xbox. I don't have enough time for it, but recently I played and enjoyed Fable 2.

Horacio
02-03-2009, 09:34 AM
I got one for Christmas after losing the Wii to a break in back in September.

I don't play it. I'm too wrapped up in Wow. My 7 year old daughter plays some of the arcade games.

I have Madden 09.....I really like the franchise and played 04 religiously with my own custom team and everything but I just can't get into this one.

Gears of War 2 is pretty hot but it makes me dizzy, lol. I like it but its got alot of cussing and stuff so hooked into the 52" in the living room.....can't play when the kids are around.

I got Banjo Kazooie because it looked like fun for the kids but its a little complicated for them.

I've never set up the Xbox live thing, just never got around to it. I have a few friends that play and they nag me but I always feel like there's stuff I want to do in Wow instead.

xKhellendrosx
02-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Gears of War 2 is pretty hot but it makes me dizzy, lol. I like it but its got alot of cussing and stuff so hooked into the 52" in the living room.....can't play when the kids are around.

Due to the swearing you may never be able to play Fallout 3.

jettzypher
02-03-2009, 05:54 PM
i bought one about this time last year. most recent game is assassins creed, dynasty warriors 6, and devil may cry 4. i have many others to play but it doesnt grasp my attention for more than a couple hours. its used mainly when the internet goes down and i cant play wow.