PDA

View Full Version : Patchwerk question

AxLxExX
01-27-2009, 08:55 PM
So tonight I ran naxx10, and at the time of Patchwerk I had like 2 pieces of naxx gear, and was geared and ready to OT naxx 10. Not MT, OT

that being said, we got to patch and they told me to tank him, so the MT could take the hatefuls.

After 3 minutes of smashing every possible button as much as possible, I came out of the fight alive, and not having lost threat.

After he was down, I looked and saw that I had accumulated 800k (and some change) threat. I asked the MT about it and he said that he hadn't been working on getting it, just beating the # 3. So my question is, being a heroic/naxx10 geared warrior, is 800k good/bad/horrible? What is average for my gear, and if it sucked, am I missing something?

Xav
01-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Patchwerk gives the tanks threat. Further, saying a threat number without a duration with it doesn't help us at all. 3 minutes on the dot, 3 minutes and seconds, what was it?

AxLxExX
01-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Sorry, 3:37

Xav
01-27-2009, 09:36 PM
800k threat over 3:37 means you generated 3686 TPS, and a lot of that is given by patchwerk automatically. I estimate about 1000 TPS is given to the tanks by Patchwerk's mechanics, judging by the numbers I've seen it list for myself.

Even for a 10 man, that's quite low.

Garbid
01-27-2009, 09:39 PM
217sec and 800.000 threat
tps (threat per second) = 800.000 / 217 = 3.687tps

Not particularly good no, but good enough for starting naxx10. But more important, anyone else close to you on threat ?

If dps don't have to worry about catching up and don't need to hold back, then it's good enough ;)

AxLxExX
01-27-2009, 09:40 PM
That sucks.

AxLxExX
01-27-2009, 09:41 PM
oh. A mage was 3rd. he was right behind the 2nd guy (the MT). I was always 50-100k above the other tank in threat, which I think was his doing, not mine.

Cycho
01-28-2009, 12:48 AM
Even 2.6k TPS for a new tank is good imo.

What class are you....I.E. warrior pally DK or druid?

Stearns
01-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Never been concerned about threat on patchwerk... actually never been concerned about threat since patch 3.0, pre-wrath. The only thing I've found matters on that fight is that tanks survive... which is a shared responsibility of the tanks & the healers (probably more the healers than the tanks, since you're gear is fixed when you go in and all you have to do is click a few buttons in a predictable order... but they have to stay on the ball the whole time)

Menkáno
01-28-2009, 09:29 AM
I also think that 3.6k tps is quite low but what concerns me more is the fact, that your mt was so low. He probably slowed down the mage... There is just no reason for him to do this and he should try to stay just 5-10k behind you so dps has breathing room.

Patchwerk is a boss where you have infinite rage so you always can use your best style and you can always use heroic strikes. When you have more than 8-10 white hits in your log you know what you should improve.

With his hateful strikes Patchwerk grants extra threat to his tanks (2 highest in threat in 10, 3 highest in 25). 1k extra tps by this sounds reasonable. I think 1k tps more should be very reachable with 10-man-gear. 25-man-gear should push you up to 6k tps at patchwerk without much effort.

Pellet
01-29-2009, 08:01 AM
I would like to agree with the rest of the posts here, your threat does seem abnormally low, and to say that the fight only lasted 3min, your DPS must have been kicking out some amazing damage. I am astounded that you managed to hold him for the fight.

If your guild's tanks are evenly geared (Give or take 2-3 pieces) as most tanks will be if they have just started running naxx. Just have both of them max out threat generation and damage. On 10man, it really dosen't matter who's taking the hateful strikes, because they are migated rather heavily, and correct me if i'm wrong but can be dodged blocked and parried.

It seems threat generation is a problem, and as stated above the mage probably slowed down for a second. Try buying the Armsman enchant on your gloves, and getting a kings buff if possible.

Krete
01-29-2009, 09:02 AM
I'll give my buddy Tyriall a little pat on the back here:

WWS: 3:30 Patchwerk (http://wowwebstats.com/6vscjxatsa6yi?s=137694-151496)

This was his first tanking effort on Patch. I took the hateful strikes cause he wanted to see what kind of dps he could do. I think he only had 3 white swings, which I thought was pretty good. Tonight we're going to try the vigilance mechanic on me (he didn't spec for it that night) as OT because even though he did a superb job, I out gear him a bit and had to hold back to stay under him on threat. If he puts Vigi on me, we're thinking I can go all out as the soaker and he should stay ahead as well. He's also gotten some nice upgrades since then, so we may get some pleasant numbers tonight. We have never had a complaint from our DPS on being threat capped since we started raiding. The first patch fight we ever had, myself and another pally tanked it and we were both at 1900 dps. I enjoy that fight because it really showcases our ability to generate threat through dps and how that stimulates the fight overall due to higher threat ceilings.

Tonight we're hoping for the achievement since last week we had a fresh DK in the group instead of our better geared Feral Druid.