PDA

View Full Version : Sapphiron (10man) Help

Gysh
01-27-2009, 08:44 AM
I am in a friends and family guild and last week our first attempts at Sapph went badly. This week we will be using FR gear on dps/healers to help mitigate damage. Here is the group setup:

Pally MT
War OT
3 Deathknights (2 blood, 1 hybrid)
2 Hunters (1 BM, 1 Survivial)
Warlock
Resto Shaman
Holy Priest

As you can see we have no decurse, is that going to ruin our chances at downing Sapph? Any advice on a winning strat for this group would be appreciated. (OT may respec fury for the fight, not sure dps is a problem though)

Thanks!

Inaara
01-27-2009, 08:45 AM
You need a decurser and another healer.

Gysh
01-27-2009, 08:49 AM
It is impossible with 2 Healers and no Decurse or that just makes it easier?

Hyenna
01-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Resto Shaman = decurser?

But we had to use 3 healers when we first started Naxx, its only now that everyone knows the fight off by heart and have Naxx25 gear that we use 2.

ndb1983
01-27-2009, 08:51 AM
I agree, get a druid healer if possible. You don't need an offtank. Let the OT tank next week, warriors are fine for the fight. We can use 2 healers for the first four wings, but still use 3 for Sapph and Kel.

Gysh
01-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks Hyenna didnt realize shamans could decurse, guess i should have asked him lol. Discourages me a bit that you can use 2 for the four wings but still need 3 for sapph ndb.

This is a friends guild so these are the characters we have to work with, we can't just bring in a druid healer. I am the OT so I may respec fury for this fight (can't wait til dual specs).

Hopefully later in the week I can update with a win for the group!

Akriel
01-29-2009, 09:07 AM
You might want to consider having your pally respec heals for the fight, and you MT (assuming you have near equivalent gear). Also don't worry about FR gear on the tank if it will make you critable. It is a smaller portion of your tanks overall damage. My guild found that the fight is simplified with additional healers. It is a 15 minute enrage timer, so it is really a non-issue. One time we actually did it with 4 healers on a 10 man just because that was the group we happened to put together. The biggest thing is to keep raid damage down with decurses and staying out of blizzard + fr gear. Keep all of your raid in a single quadrant of the circle if possible this will allow for optimum chain heal and make sure the shaman can reach everyone for decurse.

The reason the curse is very dangerous is that it ticks for high damage and heals sapph. Especially if your going to try with only two healers you may find that the excess stress on the heals is just way too much.

greendragonempire
01-29-2009, 09:16 AM
2 healers is fine, you need a decurse

MT wears phys resist gear, and no frost resist gear

there is no need for a OT, have him respec dps and wear 2 pieces of FR

other than that if you have the gear and strat its fairly easy

Greatblack
01-29-2009, 11:43 PM
your healers may be the issue... you either need a priest or a druid, lots of AOE dmg... frost resistance will only hinder your DPS and make the fight WAY longer... and your MELE needs to never get hit by blizzard.... when blizz goes tward mele the mele goes thru the belly of sarth to the other side where its clear... they may have to switch back right before air phase so they dont get stuck on the other side

Greatblack
01-29-2009, 11:44 PM
just have ur shaman put up frost resist totem imo

muallana
02-02-2009, 05:25 AM
I have main tanked this with no special frost resistance gear, only 130 from paladin's aura.

Gysh
02-02-2009, 05:44 AM
UPDATE

Well we downed him friday night after about 15 attempts.

It seemed our priest and shaman ran out of mana incredibly fast, we can do patch in just over 3 minutes but we ran oom before Saph hit 30%. We ended up having the Ret Pally change to holy (he was able to gear up from our earlier boss kills) and that seemed to stretch our healing mana pool long enough to down him.

What really helped us was not splitting up, we had the tank initially turn him so he faced left and all our dps/heals was on the entrance side. This helped tremendously for decurse and we were able to keep a lightwell up for melee. Also the shamans chain heal would actually chain since we were all close together. Blizzard had a big potential to wipe us but after 7 or so attempts dps learns to avoid the blizzard at all costs.

We then went to KT and downed him easily on the second try. After Sapphiron he was cake.

I am definately of the opinion that you need 3 healers on KT and Sapph, it was the only reason we were successful.

Peca
02-02-2009, 05:46 AM
You don't need FR gear,just aura.
Bring one healer more and it be much better.We use 2 decursers,and if we wipe is from other reasons ,like ppl don't w8 for me to take aggro.Cleave is brutal one shoot almost any target besides tank,and it is hughe.Also it is better to be hited with tail to move you from blizzard (if you are stucked ), move out of blizzard by all costs.And dont stand in group when he froze ppl,no need to take that kind of dmg,try to help your healers.

Gysh
02-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Finally an answer to why we were taking so much damage, I knew this seemed waaaaaay to hard!

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> [BUG] Sapphiron 10-man (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14697632584&sid=1)

Graargh
02-02-2009, 12:04 PM
My guild also ran into problems in 10-man Sapphiron this past week, and it just seemed way harder. That link explains a lot. Thank you!

smackers
02-09-2009, 12:16 PM
i defenitly just 8 manned it with 2 healers and no frost resistance what so ever.... this fight is a joke, lots of heals but thats about it your healers are probably under geared, start with 3 healers for sure to make sure you are not dying on that fight GL on KT

Yea, reading is hard isn't it.

Gysh
02-10-2009, 05:36 AM
Smackers said it but we were all thinking it :p

Update: We had no trouble downing Saph this week after the "fix", 2 healers, 2 tanks ( I didn't want to respec lol), and the rest dps. Thanks for all the advice/comments.