PDA

View Full Version : 8 man naxx horseman strat confirmation

orderschvank
01-26-2009, 09:58 AM
ok, i've been wanting to do an 8man naxx lately just because naxx is so damn ez i want something more fun and an achievement.

so here is the basic rundown of pretty much what i want.

raid set up - 2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 melee, 2 ranged (1 must be capable of healing)

kor'Thazz - MT, dps with lowest health that is not off healer, healer
Rivendare- OT, off-healer(this guy could be a ele shaman, SP w/e, he shouldnt run out of mana b4 thazz dies)
blaumuex- dps
zeliek- dps
healer stands in back like always and heals the 2 dps for B and Z

strategy-
well it is pretty much the same as always, tanks switch when they have too many marks and stuff.

i was just wondering if my setup is a viable way to take down this boss with 8 people. thoughts?

Magnuss
01-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Yup, ive done it with a group like that and did the "And they would all go down together" achievement as well. Tanks swap as needed each with a healer. in the back would be 2 people capable of keeping themselves alive (not underestimating the damage) and the dps just rolling from one target to the next getting them low.

Lore
01-26-2009, 10:27 AM
We did it last night. Before I bring up our exact strategy, I want to point out that the Four Horsemen encounter is not part of the 8-man Naxx achievement. If you have two people who are willing to come in for Four Horsemen and only Four Horsemen, you can 10-man it and still get the achievement.

However, we 8-manned it, purely because we didn't have those two people handy. Here was our setup:

Tanks:
Feral Druid
Death Knight

Healers:
Holy Priest
Disc Priest

DPS:
Frostfire Mage
Ret Pally
Enhance Shaman
Balance Druid

The two tanks in the back were the Mage and Holy Priest. That was pretty simple, the Priest was able to heal both himself and the Mage. Binding Heal came in handy but I imagine just about any healing class would be able to do it.

Up front, we put the Disc Priest and the Death Knight together on one side, and the Feral Druid with the three remaining DPS on the other side. The Enhance Shaman and I (Ret Pally) used our super cool instant cast heals to keep the Feral Druid alive. The Balance Druid we put there just in case things went bad and we needed him to toss extra heals, but honestly the Feral never dropped below about 70% health so it wasn't a big deal. I imagine one hybrid leaning more towards healing than DPS would be able to heal one of those tanks with no problems.

Ultimately it was pretty easy.

yolande
01-27-2009, 07:47 AM
We did something a bit different when we could not get a second healer type for the back.

in the back boomkin, prot paly wearing healing gear
in the front warrior tank, dps dk wearing tanking gear