PDA

View Full Version : Loot and clothies (clothies have it hard)

huggy77
01-26-2009, 08:41 AM
We are working with another guild on 25 man content. We have alot of druids rolling on the cloth. So mages and locks are getting screwed. How do you guys handle this? When i am specced fury, i generally dont roll on leather on mail until we get to offspec (i do this on my own) - should i implement this raid wide? Raiders can only roll on non intended armor (druids wearing cloth, warriors and leather) when it comes to off spec rolls?

loquatious
01-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Simple, druids get cloth if mages/locks/priests dont need.

blackhand
01-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Yea, what Loquatious said is the easiest thing to do.

Lore
01-26-2009, 09:53 AM
There's plenty of leather spellpower gear, unless a slot is particularly poorly-itemized in leather and better in cloth (I haven't seen any situations like this) then yeah, make your druids wear leather.

huggy77
01-26-2009, 10:42 AM
ooooh lore answered one of my posts... very cool!!!

ty for the answers... so basically, clothies come first - then the other classes.

Powhound
01-26-2009, 10:43 AM
I think this mentality is a carry-over from the early days where +spell damage leather was nearly non-existant. People see OMG upgrade and don't consider the bigger picture. I'd hate to be a clothy or rogue right now.

loquatious
01-26-2009, 10:46 AM
if you want a "independent" site you can refer folks to

Kaliban's Class Loot Lists (http://www.wow-loot.com/)

It prioritizes loot for all classes.

The basic principle is that everyone has priority on their maximum armor set - so warriors dont get chain or leather unless its passed to them, etc.

huggy77
01-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Hoping to sum it up easilly for our lootmeisters, how does this look:

Roles:
melee dps
casting dps
heals
tanks

Armor Types:
Plate - warrior, pally and dk
Mail - Hunters and shammy
Leather - rogue and druid
Cloth - priest warlock mage

When in doubt, consult Raid Loot: Naxxramas (10 Man) (http://www.wow-loot.com/raid_naxx10.htm)

ROLLING:
PASS #1) You must meet the role requirement and it must be of your armor type.
PASS #2) You only need to meet the role requirement
PASS #3) Its an upgrade for you (your a healer but the gear has +hit)
PASS #4) Off Spec.

macfeagle
01-27-2009, 11:23 AM
If someone wants to roll outside of armor category, they can post in the "I want to roll outside of armor category" thread in the raid forum, with a detailed explanation of why they should be able to roll on a particular item outside of armor category.

My resto druid has identified exactly one item, which is a pair of boots, which are about one gem better than leather boots from the same tier, for her. She wrote her post. The item dropped. She got the item.

Anyone else who wants to roll on a drop outside of armor category is told to write a post so they can do it next time, and tough luck this time, since when I started the thread I announced it and they've also been asked to research their ups ahead of time.

Nobody else has even tried to make a case.

This is a good solution for us, since it puts the burden on affected people to research and plan ahead, rather than putting it on people inside the armor category to try to defend their loot after it's already dropped, and/or rather than putting it on me to try to do loot research while a piece of loot is on the ground.

I would never let people roll outside of armor category on an ad-hoc basis. That sounds like a certain invitation to incredible loot-whoring and consequent raid drama and general shrieking.

You get something like 60 pieces of loot during a 25-man Naxx clear, it's insane to spend more than a few seconds assigning each item. Loot has been an incredible problem for us even with pretty strict rules about it.

tillara
01-28-2009, 07:12 AM
I'm a Tree so i checked the loot table very carefully- pre WotLK druids had a fair amount of cloth, especially the Boomkin.
Having gone through all the cloth and leather items in Naxx, there isnt really any reason for a druid to roll on cloth against a clothie, (although i need to check those boots)

our rules are

1 class and spec
2 off class same spec
3 off spec for all

on the caster stuff the only distinguishing stat between healer and dps is if there is Hit, in which case DPS take priority

huggy77
01-29-2009, 11:09 PM
yah - we put the new system in, so now no druids are rolling on cloth, we have happy clothies and the druids understood... It worked out well.

Samanatha
02-11-2009, 11:50 AM
on the caster stuff the only distinguishing stat between healer and dps is if there is Hit, in which case DPS take priority

We do this plus mp5 stuff goes to healers.

Back to the origonal post, we do the same as everyone else here mentioned. Warlock, Priest, Mage get to roll on cloth and Druids can roll as an offset. macfeagle has a good idea though with the 'i want a specific item' post. I will bring this up with my guild.

-Sam

Bajumba
02-11-2009, 04:52 PM
My main these days is a Paladin and to start with I geared in all 4 armour types where other people didn't need it.

It got me from about 1400 spellpower to about 2000 spellpower very fast and allowed me to make a much more solid contribution to the healing at the price of several abyssal shards.

I just wanted to point out that collecting off-armour loot isn't limited to Druids, in fact items designed for Mages (sp, crit, haste, int) are sometimes better for Holy Paladins than mp5 plate - our itemisation doesn't precisely match our best stats.

My raid leader was tolerant. I think I would have found it very discouraging had he not been. Sharding cloth epics to leave me in level 75 blues and greens for some slots would have frustrated me at the time although I can see both sides of the argument.

huggy77
02-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Just to follow up, we implemented the system... It is working well, we are also starting an EP/GP system but these rules will apply to bid.

I miss the +healing stats, made life easier

Spice
02-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Imo as long as the item is best in slot for you it doesent matter if youre a druid and bid on cloth.
In tbc we had the same disscution regarding shades from illidan best in slot for enh shamans/rogues/warriors/hunters/feral druids...It doesent seem fair to have lootprio on items aswell as dkp system.

AoDraka
02-20-2009, 11:58 AM
There's plenty of leather spellpower gear, unless a slot is particularly poorly-itemized in leather and better in cloth (I haven't seen any situations like this) then yeah, make your druids wear leather.

My guild had this discussion a few weeks ago. Our one resident Boomkin (the GL and primary 25man RL) pointed out that aside from Tier pieces, there is no Leather in or pre-Naxx with +hit and spellpower (unless of course you go back to BT/Hyjal).

While looking around, the Druids on the official WoW forums claimed they needed to have cloth to do their job.

Spice
02-23-2009, 01:54 AM
My guild had this discussion a few weeks ago. Our one resident Boomkin (the GL and primary 25man RL) pointed out that aside from Tier pieces, there is no Leather in or pre-Naxx with +hit and spellpower (unless of course you go back to BT/Hyjal).

While looking around, the Druids on the official WoW forums claimed they needed to have cloth to do their job.

Some cloth are best in slot for druid. Check waffles the druid healer in my guild. But as I said earlier, I think leather goes to leather and so on, but if a item is best in slot you should go with dkp, or roll for that matter, depending on your lootsystem