PDA

View Full Version : Damage Shield Crit Rate

Kojiyama
01-26-2009, 03:59 AM
Excuse me if this has been posted elsewhere, however some quick searching didn't seem to yield any results.

I noticed after looking over some WWS reports that my Damage Shield has an abnormally high crit % which doesn't seem to fit a logical pattern that I can see. Overall, it is considerably higher than white attacks and my base crit rate, yet not quite as high as other abilities.

In both of my last 10-man and 25-man raid WWSs, Damage Shield is between 16-20% crit rate, whereas my base crit rate should be only around 5% (no Cruelty) + 5% from LotP + 2.5% or so from Horn of Winter.

This result matches my white hits for the entire raid, having a 12% crit rate.

At this point, I'm curious as to if it's possible Damage Shield is taking advantage of spell critical % buffs? There was a Moonkin and Elemental Shaman in the group, which means I had +5% spell critical chance from Moonkin Aura or Elemental Oath most of the time, which could explain the differences in crit rate.

Has anyone else observed this happening? With my samples ranging over 4k procs, I'm fairly confident it's not a fluke.

enderwiggin
01-27-2009, 04:09 AM
wouldn't its crit rate be linked to critical block? somehow

Kojiyama
01-27-2009, 05:13 AM
wouldn't its crit rate be linked to critical block? somehow

The crit rate doesn't really seem high enough for that. It doesn't seem as if it's getting a full 15% bonus like most abilities. It generally tends to float around 5-7% higher than my white crit rate and 6-8% lower than my Shield Slam/Heroic Strike crit rate.

Kru
01-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Are the crits double damage? or 1.5x? That might be a good clue as to whether it's tied to spell or melee crit.