PDA

View Full Version : Ot/Mt Naxx 10-man

sixdeath
01-26-2009, 02:38 AM
Good morning :)

I rerolled tanking after wotlk entered the stage after being destro lock for my whole career..

Just needed some changes in the game play to keep it going..

Ive done all the heroics and some voa as dps.
But now I want to enter Naxx ( 10 man first ) and have some questions :)

Ive seen all these threads about it, but I got some questions too :p

Am i ready to eventually Ot/mt naxx - 10 man?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&n=Sixdeath)

Ill post some of the stats that are not shown by the frost presence at the armory.. :)

Armor - 27991
HP - 32121
Def - 541
Hit - 147
Dodge - 20.6%
Parry - 19.05%
Ap - 2765
Exp - 17/17

The last thing I will do is to enter naxx under geared, cause lack of knowledge about the place.

Ty for all the answers and have a nice day!

Pellet
01-29-2009, 07:33 AM
If those stats are unbuffed, then you are more than ready to do naxx... and probably Main tank.

The only problem i would be ready for is people's reaction's to a DK tank. I know this differ's by realm, and i know that the horde are generally more lenient (if you played pre-TBC you'll know what i mean, with Pally tanks, not really being consdered a tank till TBC came out)

I would say that you are overgeared for Naxx to be honest, 32k health in your tank gear unbuffed is insane. the only probelm i would comment upon is your avoidance stats and threat generation.

Because Death Knight lack the ability to Block, you are missing off 20% of the damage mitigation warrior and paladin tanks have. I would recommend sacrficing some of your insane health for more dodge or parry...

Your hit rating is also surprisingly low, Since your threat generation is almost completely aggresively generated, you must stack enough hit rating to ensure ample generation.

Other than that i would say, get a raid guild mate :) you are more than ready for it, Read up on the tactics for spider quarter and learn the videos off by heart, you'll be kiling KT before the end of the month

Lucinam
02-01-2009, 01:37 AM
I don't know much about DK tanks but...if your hp is that high without any Naxx gear, I would have to assume that your focusing too much on hp and not enough on avoidance.

But like I said, I could be wrong.

macfeagle
02-02-2009, 02:46 AM
His HP is like 27k unbuffed, or he typo'd, or he was in radically different gear.

He's got solid blues and numerous heroic and badge epics, all with good enchants and gems.

A group full of people similarly geared could clear.

sixdeath
02-04-2009, 08:43 AM
The armory doesnt show the Dk's "frostAura" wich gives Dk's A great hp/threat/armor boost, Thats why u dont see the right amount.

Ive respecced/gemmed now. Went down to 28.5K hp, but incresed Dodge from 20.6 to 24.6 and parry from 19 to 20'something.

Also got more protective "spells" helping me along the run.
I havent entered Naxx yet, think Ill dps it to learn more before tanking it. :)

macfeagle
02-04-2009, 09:52 AM
To reiterate my comment, you are being very timid to ask this question, because you have approximately the best gear in game prior to 10-man Naxx.

If you aren't geared for it, nobody could have ever done it in the first place.

sixdeath
02-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Ok, thanx for all the replyes :)

Have fun and happy looting further on! :-)