PDA

View Full Version : Sapphiron 25 - Variable Ice Blocks

Garrek
01-25-2009, 10:08 PM
On tonight's run against Sapphiron, we ran into either a bug or an undocumented change. Normally, when Sapphiron flies up into the air she will spit out three ice blocks before dropping her ice bomb. Tonight we had several instances where she would drop her bomb after two or even one ice block rather than waiting for three. I was wondering if I could get anyone else to corroborate this phenomenon, or that I'm simply going mad.

I took care to notice if it was just ice blocks being consumed by folks dieing upon impact, or if the ice bomb was coming early... out of 17 of the ice block/ice bomb cycles (we wiped several times tonight) I noticed only 6 of them waiting for three ice blocks. On one attempt, she dropped the bomb after the first ice block which incidentally killed the person on impact, and thus wiped the raid... frustrating to say the least.

Mind you, it's not something particularly difficult to watch out for, but it just seems like another luck-based mechanism that reminds me a whole lot of Prince Malchezar and his falling infernals. Sometimes you end up with no real side effect of having a variable number of ice blocks... others you end up with a single one that insta-gibs its target or only one where there are two blizzards floating overhead sucking away healer mana like a starving newborn to a bottle of milk.

Anywho... just curious if anyone else had seen something similar.

Xav
01-26-2009, 07:14 AM
We've rarely seen it happen, but it has happened, yes. We actually noticed it more often in the beta. We've yet to see Sapphiron be stingy like that in live.

Garrek
01-26-2009, 10:24 AM
We've not seen this behavior until this latest patch (3.0.8). The regularity of it occurring in a single night just made me think there might be a glitch as of Tuesday. It's not that it's that difficult to deal with... just an unexpected change that caught us off guard the first handful of times.

Rak
01-26-2009, 01:02 PM
It happened to us about 30% of the time when we were wiping on the boss the second week of live, but mostly in the 10 man version. It seems pretty rare in 25 man.

Relar
01-26-2009, 02:05 PM
we had this. think it was due to not spreading out correctly. once we did seamed to fix it