PDA

View Full Version : Sartharion + Vesperon - Twilight Torment

dyls
01-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Had a bit of a wipefest yesterday and think we need to work on our strategy for this.

We had MT on Sartharion, OT on Vesperon, and ignored the portal. Should we have sent people into the portal to kill the Acolyte so that we wouldn't overly suffer from Twilight Torment?

Xav
01-26-2009, 06:24 AM
If people have difficulty stopping their attacks until they're healed up, then sure. Generally the fight ends up being less complex and require less transitions and shifts of focus if you just heal through it and force people to stop their attacks when appropriate. At least people learn quickly what will happen if they don't. (They die)

dyls
01-28-2009, 12:41 PM
I suspect things might have changed, I'm not sure.

I'm fairly sure that twilight torment was up 100% of the time (once the portal and acolyte spawned). Is this expected?

Just been reading about it in another thread and wonder if this is why we struggled.

Nume
01-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Yes Twilight Torment is no longer removable other than by killing the acolyte. This makes it much more difficult (though still possible with good healing) to not go through the portals.

Lyco
02-05-2009, 03:09 AM
We went trought a variatie of tactics, but this is the one that worked best for us:
1 Vesperon lands
2 All DPS kills Adds
3 > Adds dead <
4 All DPS + 1 tank + 2 healers enter the Portal
5 > Acolyte dead <
6 DPS starts attacking Vesperon
7 Bloodlust

After that, when the new portal/acolyte spawns we choose to ignore it. we felt we lost to much time and add control to keep portalling.

Also saving for BL helped a great deal.

We did make the DPS kill adds again at around 60% and 30%, to make sure no healers are getting gibbed.

Our setup was: 4 tanks, 6 healers, 15 dps.