PDA

View Full Version : Warrior MTing Sarth3d?

Soulcutter
01-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Just curious if any warriors have successfully been able to tank sarth in a Sarth3d kill after the change to twilight torment?

grafarion
01-25-2009, 01:12 PM
I am a warrior in vodka and have tanked sarth in the 3 darke versions in both and 10 and 25 mans since our 1st kill. Our strat never revolved around the exploit involving twilight torment and we have never had issues with breaths(it is consistent). Depending on your strat and understanding of the encounter it is easily doable although prob not the best tank class choice for most guilds. We dont class or raid stack for the encounter and I only rely on 1 cooldown from my raid members to keep me alive throughout the biggest breath period. Warriors are equiped with enough tools to suruvive a long enough period of time if you are very careful.

Soulcutter
01-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Can you provide some more details, do you use any additional Fire Resist (cloak, flask) beyond a FR totem. Are you gem/gearing for straight stamina and if so how much hp do u usually have after vesperon's -25% hp effect?

Caedmon
01-25-2009, 05:09 PM
I tanked this as a warrior after the change easily enough.

When shadron and vesperon were down at the same time I shieldwalled the first breaths, then used last stand combined with a paladin using Hand of sacrifice + bubble for the next breaths. If Shadron wasnt dead by then it was a wipe, but it usually died in time.

I used no fire resist gear, gemmed for stamina/expertise and had 31.5K health with the debuff.

Aurless
01-25-2009, 09:39 PM
I MT this fight for my guild in Kil'Jaeden.

When the second drake (Shadron) lands the breaths become severe enough to kill me, just slightly. This is why the fight is better executed with a DK or druid. However with a shield from a priest (we prefer a disc on) we are able to survive the breaths during shadron. However, the breaths may come in as little as 12 seconds making this unreliable due to weakened soul. We worked around this by my having to watch for weakened soul still being up during a breath. If that occured I'd last stand the breath. Theoretically there are up to 4 breaths from when shadron opens his portal until tenbron lands, however we never saw more than three (which is logical if you looked at the timing). So at worst I'd end up last standing one breath.

Once Vesperon lands we're in the same state as basically every class (possibly excluding dk's). We need cooldowns and your ability is limited not by being a warrior, but how quickly your dps can get down Shadron, as well as how accurate your third party cooldowns are.

We used Pain Suppression on the first breath, Guardian Spirit on the second breath, Shield Wall on the third, and Sacrifice on the fourth. This was very preplanned. It should be noted I've never made it past shield wall on any kill attempt.

Edit: No FR used...I would highly reccomend against it. Gemmed for pure Sta. On our last kill I ran 40151 hp pre debuff. Drop to 30121 (if I remember it was close to that if not) after debuff.

Here's a WWS of our first kill night so you can see what you're up against: Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/66mewbjga14r5)