PDA

View Full Version : Malygos 25 Problem.

Bodasafa
01-25-2009, 11:45 AM
I posted this letter on our guilds website after our attempt in Malygos 25 last night. I am re-posting it here in the hopes it will inform others and to possibly see if anyone knows of a way around the issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night we went in and experienced a problem that was no fault of our own on the 25 version. In the 25 he now casts his Flame Breath immediately following the Vortex air phase. The problem was that he was targeting raid members that were not even remotely near the frontal cone area that is affected by the Flame Breath ability. Healers were getting 1 shotted in the center of the platform by "ghost" Flame Breaths. There were even several instances where people were dieing to 20k + damage by what the combat logs and combat mods were calling "unknown". Im assuming this was the screwed up Flame Breath. We even had people dieing to Flame Breath after he had stopped casting it.

It seems there is a flawed mechanic in the Flame Breath he does just after a Vortex causing this issue. During his regular Flame Breaths (not after a Vortex) this issue did not occur and this problem is not cause or related to his Arcane Storm ability.

I had posted a GM ticket about this issue. Shortly after we were all time stopped in the instance and the instance servers crashed. Once the instance servers were stable again we set up for a final attempt. Just before the pull I was contacted by a GM about my ticket regarding our problem. I conveyed the issue as best I could and told him we were setting up for another attempt. He told me he would wait on the line while we made the attempt. I asked him if he was watching us. His reply " I have eyes everywhere lol ". I am inclined to believe he was actually in the instance watching our attempts at that point.

We made several different "test" attempts. A guild member clued us in on a possible issue with pets being targeted for the flame breath just after the vortex air phase, so we gave it a shot with no pets out. Then one with pets. Then one with everyone (aside from the healers I needed to keep me up) running clear across the far side of the platform. This issue of mysterious flame breaths still kept occurring no matter what we tried. The GM told me he would make note of the issue and look into it further.

Pantor
01-26-2009, 04:10 PM
We had the same problem last night, What we ended up doing is calling for No pets out at all(warlock or hunter) It did seem to work for us as far as the unknown insta wipe goes. He would land and turn to the tank that was pulling him away from group and unless he can cast that breath from his tail, it was bugged or something. I would also like to add and i am sure most know already. If you get hit with the "normal" breath and you do not die you will blow up after about 5 secs, Just the right amount of time needed to return to the group and wipe everyone. It hit for around 20 k AOE damg to the group, At least it did when i blew everyone up. Hope this helps and i hope they fix the problem soon.

sevve
01-26-2009, 04:41 PM
We did this today. First time we got the tail breath.
We called no pets and went again, smooth p1 and p2, but wiped on p3.
Third time it went smooth, apart from that he did the breath while flying up for a vortex. Luckily it was a small one, so everyone survived and we killed him.

Keza
01-26-2009, 05:22 PM
We also had this problem last night on Aggramar, and other guilds who were in there last night did too.

Loranakath

Giggitygigs
01-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Are the people that are dying standing too close to the tank?

Arcane Breath - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=60072)

Menkáno
01-28-2009, 08:55 AM
No, but it seems that with patch 3.0.8 pets also get the arcane breath debuff and explode in the camp. The solutions are to call "no pet at all" (aka brute force) or "call back your pet". All pet users put them to passive during vortex so they also run back with them. After the first breath you can let them attack again.

Bodasafa
01-28-2009, 09:12 AM
I say again.

The problem was that he was targeting raid members that were not even remotely near the frontal cone area that is affected by the Flame Breath ability..

Bodasafa
01-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Update: 1/28/09

We went back in last night to try our hand at a positioning strat to overcome the bug issue. This is the last boss we need to kill to clear the current content and our raiders are hungry to finish the job lol.

Basically we called for no pets at all.

We managed to get into phase 2 several times and phase 3 once and get him to 45%. We did not observe any bubble issues in phase 2 that I have seen reported.

However even with our marked progression on the fight, we still had random "ghost" Arcane Breaths 1 shotting healers that were no where near the effected area of his frontal cone. We also did have one instance where he casted Arcane Breath as he was flying up for Vortex and wiped the raid.

It seems at least for our server Eldre'Thalas, we have a way around his bug. Although it is not a 100% fix because there is still the random chance he will 1 shot a critical raid member.

I say our sever because based on the numerous reports that I have read this seems to be a select sever issue. I am seeing a bunch of reports that people are able to kill the boss with no issues, transversely I am reading a ton of reports explaining very similar problems to the ones we are seeing.

I can only hope that Blizzard can at least provide some information in regards to this issue. Either to those of us having problems that we are just doing it wrong or that there is indeed issues with select severs that needs adressing.

Bodasafa
01-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Well i took my info to the wow bug forums and got this response from a blue poster.

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> [Bug] Malygos 25 Man (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14697301116&sid=1)

Drenyx
02-01-2009, 02:00 PM
I say again.

I will tell you again, its the pets.

Fayre
02-01-2009, 04:39 PM
We had the same issues, and it was almost always pets being subjected to his Arcane Breath and then subsequently blowing up the raid. It included warlock imps and all sorts :(

Either:
- Run with no pets at all and be very quick and smart about moving out of a vortex (we had a feral druid survive a breath only to kill the raid tonight ;))
- Have every pet-wielding class spam follow when they're running out after a vortex

We got our first kill last week, and a repeat this week, without these odd sudden deaths.

Also be careful that no sparks reach him - his Arcane Storm can also get to dangerous levels if he eats sparks.