PDA

View Full Version : Powerful Earthsiege Diamond Tanking

Shamtasticle
01-24-2009, 11:57 AM
So.. I have a paladin on my server that has claimed Powerful Earthsiege Diamond (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41397) to be the best tanking meta. He's saying that the half second stun duration reduction of a 5 second stun is going to mitigate more damage vs other metas. I can honestly say that single target tanking most other metas wont really show for a lot of damage being reduced. As for multimob tanking this meta doesn't seem to show for much vs any other meta.

He pulls up fights such as KT where you have your Ice block stuns, but I find it to be a very minimal effect and the overall damage reduction of the meta is rather pointless considering you'd be getting spammed heals.

He argues that being completely stunned brings mitigation to 0, but regardless that half second or less of being stunned is pretty useless.

How can I convince him that his meta is not benificial.

kpxneophyte
01-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Tell him that being stunned brings AVOIDANCE (and block) down to zero. Mitigation is a flat rate that mitigates a hit by physical damage.

Additionally, stuns are extremely situational. If you don't/can't get healed up to full during the duration of the stun, then you either need to get better healers, more health/mitigation, or both.

Even if he did have the stoicism talent, he'll reduce the time on a stun by 40% (if it's additive, which I doubt) or 33% (if it's multiplicative).

Lastly, tell him that naxx is a joke. Okay, don't tell him that, but when he tanks other end bosses, such as sarth+1 to 3 drakes or malygos, they don't stun at all. 32 stam and 2% armor or reduced spell damage will go a lot farther than just 32 stam.

Alent
01-24-2009, 02:11 PM
So.. I have a paladin on my server that has claimed Powerful Earthsiege Diamond (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41397) to be the best tanking meta. He's saying that the half second stun duration reduction of a 5 second stun is going to mitigate more damage vs other metas. I can honestly say that single target tanking most other metas wont really show for a lot of damage being reduced. As for multimob tanking this meta doesn't seem to show for much vs any other meta.

He pulls up fights such as KT where you have your Ice block stuns, but I find it to be a very minimal effect and the overall damage reduction of the meta is rather pointless considering you'd be getting spammed heals.

He argues that being completely stunned brings mitigation to 0, but regardless that half second or less of being stunned is pretty useless.

How can I convince him that his meta is not benificial.

Last I checked it doesn't stack with 3/3 stoicism..?

kpxneophyte
01-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Well then, if that's the case, tell him he's an idiot for getting that if he does have 3/3 stoicism.

If not, then tell him he's an idiot for thinking that .5 secs on a stun will keep him alive over +2% armor or 2% spell damage reduction.

Shamtasticle
01-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Here's the lucky man's spec and he does not use stoicism:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Bleeding+Hollow&n=Aestu)

Crommi
01-24-2009, 06:23 PM

If MT gets Iceblock, someone ain't doing their job right. If OT gets it, he is really unlucky because I have seen it happen only once.

Edit: Looked at armory... what's up with glove and boots enchants, how are those beneficial for tanking?
Also killed Heigan 13 times without completing "The Safety Dance" :eek:

Alent
01-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Kings. >_>;

Shamtasticle
01-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Hmm if you guys ever met him.. you'd see just how stubborn he is..

2% threat to gloves is a must... he pugs naxx 25's that take 6-7 hours...

He has no respect for those that don't "play the game" in his ideal... really quite the realm annoyance...

Actually... if someone is brave enough you should talk to him ingame :D.. I'd really love you for it!

MestHoop
01-25-2009, 07:12 AM
He probably uses the glove/boots enchants because he has engineering XD
Anyway, IIRC there is no rais boss at lvl 80 that stuns. KT drops aggro if you get iceblocked, and if you do it's the melee's fault.

@Alent:
There's NOTHING wrong with having kings IMO, but ye... He didn't take Judgment of the Just nor Seals of the Pure >_>

Shamtasticle
01-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Thank you all for taking your time to answer my post!

Krashtork
01-25-2009, 12:01 PM
If you want to convince him, send him to tankspot or maintankadin.

Xav
01-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Clip clop. Clip clop.

Shamtasticle
01-25-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm actually going to post this on the realm forums :D... can't wait for feedback!!