PDA

View Full Version : Reatilation as a Tanking tool

Constontine
01-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Never really thought about it until last night, Was OTing 10 man naxx and was poping Recklessness and sheild slamming for the big numbers. Well afterward I was wondering if Retatlation would be a good thing to pop after a big rage dump since you can now stance dance to pop the 5 min cd's.

I didnt get a chance to test it because I got my 4piece fury and wanted to play with it. So i guess I was wondering if anyone else does this for the 12 seconds of higher TPS, also im not posotive on the mechanics of retaliation, whether or not it mitigates dmg(when i think of a counter attack i think of avoiding dmg then hitting back)

North
01-23-2009, 02:01 PM
It does not mitigate damage. I find it most useful on the pull and with trash, when you have no rage. Pop, pull, def stance.

Muffin Man
01-23-2009, 02:03 PM
It's a good way to frontload some threat. The number of charges has been reduced to 4 I think. So you can pop it before you pull/engage. And you'll still have enough time to use up all the charges.

I don't believe it mitigates any damage, it's strictly free damge output.

On a related note, I've wondered about Recklessness as well. Obviously taking 20% more dmg is bad for tanking... but if you can use those charges fast does the 20% penalty go away?

Constontine
01-23-2009, 02:05 PM
When MTing 25 man i pop recklessness on the not so hard hitting bosses. You can burn the charges really fast... HS, Devestate, Shield Slam.

Shadevarr
01-23-2009, 02:11 PM
retaliation is good for aoe situations, like when your pulling multiple groups to get Arachnophobia. Other than that, haven't found much use for it.

rofflez
01-23-2009, 02:55 PM
fights like malygos and sarth its important to get high up in threat. i almost always recklessness before a boss fight.