PDA

View Full Version : Sartharion 10man with 3 drakes up post 3.0.8

wunix
01-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Hello,

I'd like to ask a question about Sartharion with 3 drakes up post 3.0.8. Now that Blizzard has changed the way Twilight Torment acts (It's no longer possible to remove it) the fight turns out to be harder than before and I think we need to use another tactic to deal with the massive flame breaths.

The actual question is that did Blizzard hotfix Twilight Torment last night? Some of my friends are saying that Twilight Torment doesn't increase fire damage taken by 75% but I am unable to confirm this myself. If this is incorrect how are you dealing with the encounter post 3.0.8?

Pastulio
01-25-2009, 12:04 AM
we do it the same way we always have done it using a sacrifice rotation on the sartharion tank. its kinda funny watching the other guilds on our server all of a sudden not be able to kill him because they had been relying on the "bugged" method, while the only reason we wiped twice b4 downing him was because the first hunter in the rotation had the wrong name put into his pet sac macro :confused:

imo this fight rly isnt any harder than a BT fight

10 man is still pretty hard tho

Roarc
01-27-2009, 02:56 AM
I can't say what the debuff does in patch 3.08 but I can confirm it stays up on the entire raid after it's applied. As you can see in our 3 drake 10 man kill (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f126/44573-sartharion-3-drake-10-man-video.html) I've got the de-buff from when Vesperons Minions spawns until his death (a total of about 2 1/2 mins).

If, which I think is the case, Twilight Torment still increases fire damage by 75% they've put a few classes in a corner you could say. The 25 man version of the encounter hasn't changed that much since you are quite likely to have the a few pallies, priests and hunters along… But the 10 man version very much has. Anything but a death knight is extremely dependant on the raid, where as on our kill a death knight and paladin have enough CD's to keep him alive. Any other class I would think needs something in the lines of a few pallies, a priest and a hunter or 2.

Not sure what others think about this, but I reckon it goes against Blizzards first idea with wrath in that no event should favorise tank class A och B, yet player A or B.

Anyhow, the event is more than doable since patch 3.08 - we managed our first kill now. I'm still abit "meh" about the whole requirements of classes in it though.

Regards
Thugs