PDA

View Full Version : 3.0.8 Heroic Changes

Veyron
01-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Starting a thread to list changes in 5 mans since 3.0.8 release. In VH, the groups of 3 and 4 blue dragonkin that portal in from the left upper tier and run for the door have been changed. Now, they will split and one group will run down the crumbled rock to the right and the other will run down the stairs to the left. Not a hard change, just tell the DPS to stand down so you can stomp one group and charge the others for a nice roundup.
We had Ichoron for our first boss and it wasn't pretty. It seems his enrage is hitting alot harder now. I had only wiped on this boss once before, but did three times in a row last night. We used the activators to kill adds, but still didn't work.

I'm not sure if any other dungeons were changed so list here if anyone notes any.

mandible
01-22-2009, 11:38 AM
For Ichovon I usually just have a ranged dps'er stand near the gem sconces on the wall and use them everytime he splits.

You can only use each sconce once but it really makes that fight trivial.

Muffin Man
01-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Did AN. Tried running through Anub'arak to avoid the pound. It got me.

What I ended up doing is strafing out to the side of him. That seemed to work.

Durandro
01-23-2009, 03:31 AM
Straffing seems to be the best bet anyway, since if you run through him he may turn around and Pound one of your DPS (happened during a few of my runs). If the DPS stay to one side you can run around the opposite direction and keep them safe.

sweetiepuff
01-23-2009, 11:15 AM
I could be wrong .... but kiting bosses #1 & #3 in H OK seems to have been fixed. Thankfully, I already had the achieves, but they're going to be really difficult now.

For Elder Nadox ... we cleared everything and then tried to kite him back to the beginning, but even with HoTs, I was still 2 shotted.

As for Jegoda ... after she went up, we ran down the fountain to the stairs, but she did not follow ... nor did she reset.

Maybe we were having an off night ... has anyone else noticed these changes?

~SP~

Nume
01-23-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm kind of surprised that they would change the Elder one because I dont know how else its possible without kiting to get the achievement since the boss goes immune. For Jedoga it doesnt surprise me because the point of the achievement is to be able to heal through the enrage, not avoid it.

Kukitaiso
01-26-2009, 04:09 AM
I could be wrong .... but kiting bosses #1 & #3 in H OK seems to have been fixed. Thankfully, I already had the achieves, but they're going to be really difficult now.

For Elder Nadox ... we cleared everything and then tried to kite him back to the beginning, but even with HoTs, I was still 2 shotted.

As for Jegoda ... after she went up, we ran down the fountain to the stairs, but she did not follow ... nor did she reset.

Maybe we were having an off night ... has anyone else noticed these changes?

~SP~

Yes pull Elder too far and watch him/her enrage and then I got a nice 26k hit.

Grombrindal
01-26-2009, 04:24 AM

This is a bug that has been present since release as far as I know. It seems to trigger when pound is done immediately after he comes to the surface. There are conflicting reports but it seems that the pound becomes an aoe rather than frontal cone. I remember reading on wowhead about it after I wiped on him several times.. heh... Haven't killed him for a while but since you're talking about it here it must still be present... :)

Grom

Bokeh
01-26-2009, 05:42 AM
I'm kind of surprised that they would change the Elder one because I dont know how else its possible without kiting to get the achievement since the boss goes immune. For Jedoga it doesnt surprise me because the point of the achievement is to be able to heal through the enrage, not avoid it.

We did elder Nadox by having a feral dps tanking him at the stairs towards his room, and i picked up the guardians in the room where he spawns, healer was over with the rest of the group.

With juggling shockwave, shield block, conc blow, enraged regen and last stand you'll probably end the fight at 80-90% health without needing a healer.

Beefcube
01-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Yes pull Elder too far and watch him/her enrage and then I got a nice 26k hit.

I got spanked 3 times in a row before the guy trying to do the achievement listened to me. He blamed me for being:Crushable, Sideways, Backwards and squishy.

Yes, lets see anyone get hit for 26k and live......

Vladimir
01-26-2009, 11:54 AM
I've had a real nasty bug in AN HC on the first boss. After killing the first wave both the 2nd and 3rd waves triggered at the same time leading to an instant wipe due to it being impossible for any member of the group to survive a rabid skirmisher while the healer has his hands full trying to keep me alive with 2 minibosses and 4 adds pounding on me:S (*gasp*, long sentence)
I really hope they fix this soon, because its impossible to advance in this instance at all when the first boss requires a 10-man raid due to the bug.
(And I WANT the belt!)

Nume
01-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Hehe I didnt have that problem last night, but it doesnt require a 10 man raid anyways. Arguably the best way to get the achievement ont he boss now with a geared group is to charge right in and burn the boss, just tanking all the adds. I've seen it done, and with enough dps/heals its very dooable. So yeah 2 waves at once defnitely doesnt require a 10 man raid :P.

blahism
01-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Issues i've seen:

2nd boss in AN - we killed the last spider in 3rd pull and boss died and de-spawned without us touching it. No loot either. (heroic)

Heroic Gundrak - apparently they fixed the first boss so if you pull him to the pile of bones in room next door - he now summons his snakes in that room :( i guess i should have known they would "Fix" that.

Bryenne
01-28-2009, 01:23 PM
The Tribunal event in H HoS seems a lot harder now than it used to be. Seems like towards the end, waves are spawning a lot faster. We wiped it 5 times last night and finally had to call it, because no matter what we did, we just kept getting destroyed in the last minute of the encounter.

Punchingbag
02-03-2009, 04:30 PM

You are starting your run too soon probably and he is turning around on you. Wait 20-25% into his cast of pound then book underneath him and to his backside.

Fayre
02-03-2009, 07:01 PM
On the Elder Nadox one in OK, we found that if you tanked the boss as close to the wall behind him as possible, and had a second tank and healer at the other far end of the room dealing with the Guardians, it's far enough away that he doesn't get the immunity aura. Unfortunately it's also far enough away that it makes it almost impossible to solo heal - I'm guessing this is another one of those 2 tank 1 healer 1 offhealer 1 mad nuking dps type achievements.

Elyvern
02-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Issues i've seen:

2nd boss in AN - we killed the last spider in 3rd pull and boss died and de-spawned without us touching it. No loot either. (heroic)

Nah, that's an old bug. Had it happen to me pre 3.08. We were happily clearing the adds and when we were done, the boss died below us and despawned, and we went...wtf?

Arrivan
02-03-2009, 08:32 PM
A couple of trash pulls have been removed from Nexus (heroic at least, not sure about normal). To be specific, there was a group next to the wall on the left after you leave Telestra's room that is no longer there and there was another group at the base of the ramp up to Anomalus' platform that has been removed. That's all I've noticed, there may be more though.

Niian
02-03-2009, 08:32 PM
With Anub I find that he will start casting Pound, I'll move out of the way but his model follows me for a second, then stops to cast.
Problem is people think that the pound is going to hit where his model is facing, but doesnt ... and often wipes people.

Yarock
02-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Just to confirm what the previous poster said about the 3rd boss in AN - and this isn't new to 3.08 - The pound will come in a cone in the direction of the tank ( assuming you have aggro which I don't think could be a problem ) even though he appears to be facing in a different direction. I've gotten hit by the pound because of that a couple of times. It seems to only happen when he casts pound as soon as he resurfaces though otherwise the graphics have been pretty trustworthy for me.