PDA

View Full Version : Thaddius adds

morelore
01-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Not really adds, but I hope people know what I mean...

We had a problem Tuesday night where the adds (actually just the left hand one) would drop aggro and eat a caster during the tank throw. Tank would have huge threat lead, throw would happen, and he'd run off and eat people before the other tank landed.

I'm wondering if it was just lag on the threat transfer mechanic, or if we were doing something wrong, or if it's some new patch bug?

It wiped us once, on our second attempt it kept happening but by keeping him farther from the casters we were able to taunt him back before he got anyone.

Skyborn
01-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Make sure everyone is standing on the platform (and not backing away down the ramp) and that Feugan and Stalag are tanked squarely in the middle of the platforms. I've never personally seen them bug out, but I've heard that if your DPS floats too far away from the platform, or if one of the adds moves too far away from the center that the fight can bug out.

morelore
01-22-2009, 08:13 AM
If he gets too far away from the coil he'll overload and blow stuff up (which happened once), but the only reason he was getting too far away was that he was chasing casters. We moved them to the far edge of the platform (closest to thaddius) and that fixed it.

thanatas
01-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Have ranged stand at the back of the platform (where you come up) and have the tanks move them near to where you jump down.

If there is an odd bug with agro, the boss won't have enough time to move to the casters... melee might have problems...