PDA

View Full Version : Bugged Malygos after 3.0.8??

Mizore
01-22-2009, 07:54 AM
Last night we went got Malygos into Phase 3 consistently with no problem, but we kept failing in Phase 3. We were doing little to no dmg to him at all. Has anyone else had any problems with damage in Phase 3?

We were doing it with several people that hadn't done the fight before, which I could attribute one poor Phase 3 to, but even after everyone had done Phase 3 several times we still did little to no damage to him.

The WWS Report (http://wowwebstats.com/kju1ntzyb46fu?s=32416-33916) from pre 3.0.8 showed we did 3.1M dmg in 2'45".

The WWS Report (http://wowwebstats.com/fhm3noeoo3xww?s=31719-33435) from last night on our best attempt showed we did 1.4M dmg in 2'15". We did only have 7 ppl in this phase 3, but it was by far our best attempt. We we had several attempts with all 10 in phase 3 that were worse than this. If I recall this attempt we had him at ~41% at the end of Phase 1. We died and he was at ~30%. So in 2 minutes of us on Drakes we reduced him by 10%. Last week I remember him going down SO much faster than he was last night.

Are we doing something wrong, are the WWS reports not recording accuratly, or is Phase 3 messed up?

Aethraen
01-22-2009, 12:45 PM
The fight seemed the same to me last night. If anything it sounds more like people were letting their DoT fall off =X

Keep in mind you can't target him right away so it will take a few extra seconds to start stacking the DoTs

dyls
01-22-2009, 02:24 PM
GC did say the fight had been buffed - perhaps this means that the damage your dragons do has been reduced?

Lexxaa
01-22-2009, 02:39 PM
i dont know if anyone else has had this but we have had some issues in P1 when we did it just the other night. since patch - maly seems to enjoy casting his massive breath on the tank, but also throwing it back into the raid and killing people in the process.

when it is clearly evident that he is not facing the raid, nor anywhere near facing the raid. meele copped it more since they were closer in to his hind legs... we seemed to remedy it by standing at the extreme edge of his hitbox. but this was not the case before patch.

is this intended?

pompuspilot
01-22-2009, 05:04 PM
he is definetly bugged. last nite we were working on the 6min kill achievment. on almost every attempt he would instantly turn and kill half the raid with his breath. funny thing was he did this for no reason and it was so fast you couldnt even see him turn. this happened so many times we just stopped going for the 6min and killed him.

rocket808
01-23-2009, 12:49 AM
if he killed half of your raid, how did you kill him?

we tried 8 attempts, and couldnt figure out how to prevent the 1-shot breath kills on the raid when there was no aggro or weird positioning.

pompuspilot
01-23-2009, 07:31 AM
if he killed half of your raid, how did you kill him?

we tried 8 attempts, and couldnt figure out how to prevent the 1-shot breath kills on the raid when there was no aggro or weird positioning.

because this didnt happen every time...so when we got him past phase 1 we just said hell with the achievement and killed him

Vapes
01-23-2009, 09:06 AM
he is definetly bugged. last nite we were working on the 6min kill achievment. on almost every attempt he would instantly turn and kill half the raid with his breath. funny thing was he did this for no reason and it was so fast you couldnt even see him turn. this happened so many times we just stopped going for the 6min and killed him.There has been mention of this in these forums prior to 3.0.8, not sure if you're just experiencing the same thing they have, it's here:
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f126/42544-malygos-question.html

GC did say the fight had been buffed - perhaps this means that the damage your dragons do has been reduced?From what I've heard the buff is that the sparks will despawn so you can't stack more than 3 by rooting, which was the old method of downing him in 5 minutes.

As far as the original question, I'd go with Aethraen. I've fought him right down to the enrage timer a few times, and about 20 seconds before enrage it doesn't look like there's any chance we'll make it, then he just dies. Once everyone gets high stacks of dots rolling he goes down fast. You're literally doing ~30x as much damage, it's very important people don't drop their dots off.

Mizore
01-23-2009, 11:39 AM
As far as the original question, I'd go with Aethraen. I've fought him right down to the enrage timer a few times, and about 20 seconds before enrage it doesn't look like there's any chance we'll make it, then he just dies. Once everyone gets high stacks of dots rolling he goes down fast. You're literally doing ~30x as much damage, it's very important people don't drop their dots off.

Thanks, after doing some more digging I think that the dots and the targeting bug were our main problem. We did not have any problems with the arcane breath on the raid even though several other groups were having this problem on our realm.

We were mistaken in that the RL thought the target bug was from having him targeted at the end of phase 1. After some reading I found that the bug is if you target while falling, which I'm sure some ppl were doing. I guess it was most likely the bug and ppl not keeping the DoTs up. Hopefully we will be doing this again tonight.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Spelling.

~Luffie~
01-23-2009, 01:03 PM
We were mistaken in that the RL thought the target bug was from having him targeted at the end of phase 1. After some reading I found that the bug is if you target while falling, which I'm sure some ppl were doing. I guess it was most likely the bug and ppl not keeping the DoTs up. Hopefully we will be doing this again tonight

Hmm..we did our weekly Maly10 last night and 1 shotted him, so definitely it wasn't buffed from what we noticed.

One thing we did notice was during the phase 2 --> phase 3 change, you CAN'T target Malygos at all. That means no extra burn time and the previous glitch with targetting him during this phase change shouldn't apply.

pompuspilot
01-23-2009, 04:20 PM
what i was referring to seems different then what most of you are saying. the problem we were exeriencing was in phase 1. he would kill melee and anyone else that was behind him for no reason. it was like his hit box was off or somthing and you were standing in front of him rather then behind him. because when he did this you didnt even see him move. was just weird

Bodasafa
01-24-2009, 08:33 PM
WE are right now doing Malygos 25 and getting buggs. Random people are getting 1 shotted by his flame breath when they are across the platform and no where near his front and even when he is not casting flame breath.

Bugged. Now were all time stoped, cant log, hearth nothing.

Bodasafa
01-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Time stop cleared, they reset the instance servers lol.

I opened a GM ticket just before I got kicked. When we all logged back in I had the GM on the line and explained the issue. He stayed with me on the line while we made an attempt or 2. I asked him if he was watching us. His reply was "I have eyes everywhere". So I think he was actually watching us in the instance during our attempts.

We tried one attempt without any pets out. Someone alerted us to a issue on a forum that Malygos was targeting pets and then flamebreathing instead of the tank. That attempt still gave the same results. 2 healers got 1 shotted by flame breath when standing no where near the front of the boss and just after flame breath stop being cast by the boss.

We did another attempt with pets having the same result. Yet another with everyone running as far as they could aside from the healers needed to heal me the MT and still people were getting 1shotted by "unknown" or Flame breath at random times when it was not being casted by the boss or in a spot where they could not even be remotely in range to be hit by it.

The GM said he would make note of it and look into the issue.

Talk about a demo shout to the raid man. Its hard to tell the troops there doing everything there supposed to be doing and we still fail.

I told the GM until they fix the bug I will not drag our guild into that instance and waste peoples time and consumables.

Will see if they get a fix out.

Nightdemon
01-25-2009, 04:46 AM
I'm assuming you mean Arcane Breath?

Did you check what people were being killed by? He has an Arcane Storm ability which targets random people in the raid.

It's a frontal cone, so unless he's facing that direction, people in the raid won't be hit by it. Doesn't sound like deaths from the breath imo :<

Ezimodnar
01-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Malygos this week for us.

Arcane Breath farts killing the raid.
Attacking random people and the MT almost every attempt during P2.
And the bubbles not doing jack shit during P2 most of the time with a lot of people constantly getting 16k damage hits from the guys in the air.

Good times.

Bodasafa
01-25-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm assuming you mean Arcane Breath?

Did you check what people were being killed by? He has an Arcane Storm ability which targets random people in the raid.

It's a frontal cone, so unless he's facing that direction, people in the raid won't be hit by it. Doesn't sound like deaths from the breath imo :<

I know the fight. I know the difference between his Arcane Storm and his Flame Breath. I have a death report mod that tells me who died from what. This fight on 25 man is majorly bugged.

The 10 man version seems to be fine. We got our first kill on Friday. So we decided to take the guild into the 25 man version to get our final kill on the current content.

The issue seems to involved his added Flame Breath just after Vortex ends in the 25 man version. There is a screwed up mechanic where he is targeting players not in front of him and 1 shotting them. During his normal Flame breaths(not after a vortex) this problem did not occur.

Uberwolf
01-25-2009, 10:20 AM
We went last night on normal - with 2 casters and 4 melee. Had spent 1˝ hours one time earlier there. So expected a couple of wipes at least. We oneshotted him. So no complaints about bugs from here :)

rocket808
01-25-2009, 03:50 PM
bodasafa-

i had the same circumstance in 25's. didnt seem to see a way to avoid non-frontal/non threat people from getting the initial flame breath after vortex.

we still are using the raid toward spark rift, tank away from spark rift strat - formally used for spark stacking. we probably will try to stack 2 sparks. attempts tonight.

Nightdemon
01-25-2009, 05:02 PM
I know the fight. I know the difference between his Arcane Storm and his Flame Breath. I have a death report mod that tells me who died from what. This fight on 25 man is majorly bugged.

The 10 man version seems to be fine. We got our first kill on Friday. So we decided to take the guild into the 25 man version to get our final kill on the current content.

The issue seems to involved his added Flame Breath just after Vortex ends in the 25 man version. There is a screwed up mechanic where he is targeting players not in front of him and 1 shotting them. During his normal Flame breaths(not after a vortex) this problem did not occur.

Arcane Breath* :P

Without knowing what tactic your assuming, I'll take a stab at it anyway.

Yes, he casts flame breath pretty much as soon as he lands. You cant stay inside him (Not move), and the majority of pets will bug the breath.

We've downed him since the patch hit, and noticed nothing different to our normal kills.

As soon as he lands, the tank runs one way, the raid runs the other way. (We use Ciderhelms Tactic - Works wonders). Only problem we ever have with random deaths is whenever theres a pet out. 0 Pets, 0 problems.

Sirq
01-25-2009, 05:11 PM
like ezimodnar says malygos is quite buggy after the patch, we had a couple of tries where malygos was melee'ing people in p2.. no1 could target him what so ever yet he was woopin our ass, also the bubble was despawning, not as in going smaller and smaller but instantly gone. and random breaths to zhe raid

pompuspilot
01-25-2009, 10:02 PM

this is exactly what was happening to us also. ill see if the pets out or not helps next time

Shadevarr
01-26-2009, 10:02 AM
We had a lot of bugs with this as well. Here are the ones my guild has observed.

Arcane Storm during vortex
Back to back breaths on tank.
breath on melee/ranged well after landing (30~ seconds after vortex)

We had this instance down on 10/25 before the patch, but now we see it as futile to raid it since it is a pure RNG crapshot to kill him without something bugging out.

Bodasafa
01-26-2009, 06:42 PM
In my opinion the 10 man version is not effected by the bugs. We killed him with no issue on the Friday following patch 3.0.8.

The issue seems to lie in the 25 man encounter surrounding the Flame Breath that happens just after the Vortex air phase. After the 1st Vortex its a crap shoot if he will Arcane Fart on the raid or some other nonsense.

Anaea
01-27-2009, 07:29 AM
We've seen the following bugs on 10-man:
CoH (supposedly wild growth too) not working at all during Vortex; this is not a targeting/range issue, as I repeatedly tried to cast it on myself
Scions randomly doing full damage in the bubble; we tried to troubleshoot this by having people stand in the very middle with the group, still random full-damage bursts
Since he doesn't do the Vortex-Land-Breath combo in 10-man, we didn't see any of those bugs.

edit: Here's the consolidated bug list (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14498471686&sid=1) from the R&D forums.

Kelthice
01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Had no problems with him breathing the raid last Friday.

Krashtork
01-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Is he still bugged after yesterday's (01/27/09) patch?

Roarc
01-28-2009, 12:56 AM
We noticed last week Malygos was ALOT harder - at first in the terms of random WTF IS GOING ON. After some searching on the net, looking at what was going on, we found:

1. Healing is of course much harder, but after a few tires they seemed on top of that
2. Arcane Breath has been buffed A LOT. The breath gives a debuff to the target who get's breathed (the MT) and will after 5 seconds explode him, dealing up to 20K damage to anything with-in 40 yards.

I think it's a combo of the two above that make people have severe issues. The 10 man version was pretty much the same as before, the 25 man version was much harder. It also left us with less time in Phase 3 which as someone mentioned earlier naturally makes that phase much harder as well (less time, less stacking dots, less damage, more people need not to fail).

We did have the odd player get 1-shot by the breath also but they where in general standing at a bad position (under his head / neck which looks safe but yeah… :-))

Regards
Thugs

pompuspilot
01-28-2009, 05:58 PM
we were able to get the 6min kill last nite so he is doable. but we did still have problems with random killing of the raid behind him on multiple attempts. hes just a pain and you got to deal with it.

Bodasafa
01-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Is he still bugged after yesterday's (01/27/09) patch?

Yes we attempted Maly (25) on Tue night after the 1/27 patch. I can confirm on the server Eldre'Thalas he is still bugged.

However the 10 man version seems fine. We got a kill on 1/23 the Friday after patch 3.0.8 and a kill tonight on 1/28 after the 1/27 minor patch with no issues what so ever.

Lexxaa
01-28-2009, 08:54 PM
yeah the problem is still happening. (the breath fart thing)

we got around it by having meelee at absolute max range - which is really quite far away.

and dismissed all pets (including DKs) someone had read somewhere that pets get some debuff that was exploding the raid.

Aethraen
01-28-2009, 08:56 PM
The fight (25-man) seems even buggier after the small 'bug fix' patch on the 27th. Prior to it I rarely saw bugs (One time when he came back down in phase 2 and proceeded to melee me again is the only one I actually remember) But tonight was wipe after wipe of random stuff. The raid getting raped by random breaths, some of the sparks seemed higher after a vortex and never went near the ground, more emphasis on the random breaths raping everything in sight... (Seems they also haven't completely fixed the defensive stance threat issue that was going around. First attempt I was doing a paltry 4k TPS but when I switched stances then went back to Defensive I was doing my normal 7-8k)

Sugarkitteń
01-29-2009, 06:58 AM
I think what people are forgetting here is that if you cop a shot of Arcane breath and die about 5 seconds later you actually release it into the raid. Its a sort of corpse explosion. Our raid had an issue with this too, if one person takes a hit besides the tank and dies the raid moves over them to dps and boom 5 sec later they all get hit with arcane breath. It actually appears in the combat log as arcane breath. This also explains tanks taking 2 back to back shots of arcane breath. So for your raids its just essential for them to not get hit with it. Hope this post is of some help to people having issues with this "bug".

Anaea
02-04-2009, 12:44 PM
I think what people are forgetting here is that if you cop a shot of Arcane breath and die about 5 seconds later you actually release it into the raid. Its a sort of corpse explosion. Our raid had an issue with this too, if one person takes a hit besides the tank and dies the raid moves over them to dps and boom 5 sec later they all get hit with arcane breath. It actually appears in the combat log as arcane breath. This also explains tanks taking 2 back to back shots of arcane breath. So for your raids its just essential for them to not get hit with it. Hope this post is of some help to people having issues with this "bug".

Actually, what appears to be happening in at least some of the cases is that pets (hunter and DK) are getting targeted by the Breath and the resulting debuff. Since the pet UI makes them avoid the Breath damage itself, what ends up happening is they just get the debuff, wander back into the raid, and blow everything up.

Here are some blue responses to the various issues, for those who are following them.
World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> [BUG] Malygos Arcane Breath (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14894969570&sid=1)
World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Malygos bugged in 3.0.8 (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14497011300&sid=1)

infazci
02-05-2009, 01:16 AM
As of 4th of February, Malygos heroic is still bugged.. After wiping a lot at P1 due to arcane 'anomalies, we all survived to P2 with some awesome healing, then he began meleeing people while he's in the air, he was untargettable, and we wiped and moved elsewhere..

Krashtork
02-08-2009, 07:28 AM
So we're going to try and get him tonight, could anyone confirm or deny if he is still bugged as of Feb 8?

I would greatly appreciate a timely response. :)

Krashtork
02-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Can anyone confirm or deny it still being bugged in heroic mode?

Krashtork
02-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Just found this:

We just hotfixed Sapphiron's Frost Aura so it should do the damage that was seen previous to the 3.0.8 patch regardless of the size of the raid or your server's performance. This should be 1200 every 2 seconds in Normal, and 1600 every 2 seconds in Heroic. You'll notice that the Frost Aura debuff you have no longer has a duration that refreshes. The tooltip also incorrectly lists the damage as occuring every second. The tooltip error will be fixed the next time we make a client patch available.

We also made a hotfix for the Heroic version of Malygos to add a small amount of time from the point when Malygos lands after Vortex to when he performs his Arcane Breath. This should allow players and pets enough time to reposition behind Malygos. The Normal version already had the additional time.